Dubai's $1.1bn Jewel of the Creek topped outby Neha Bhatia on Mar 1, 2016
The development team behind Jewel of the Creek, the $1.1bn (AED4bn) project taking shape in Dubai, held a topping out ceremony in the city.
HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Hamdan Al Maktoum attended the ceremony, alongside numerous officials from the project's development firm, Dubai International Real Estate.
Also in attendance was Imad W. Elias, CEO of Roda Hotels, the developer's subsidiary charged with project management work for Jewel of the Creek.
The project is sited between Dubai's Al Maktoum Bridge and Floating Bridge, and overlooks the Baniyas Road in Deira.
Other guests at the ceremony included officials from Habtoor Leighton Group and the Kling Consult and Kieferle & Partner (KCKP) joint venture, which are respectively employed as contractor and lead consultant on the project.
Project planning for Jewel of the Creek commenced in 2006, when initial phases, such as basement areas, were developed.
These plans were put on hold during the global economic meltdown of 2008/9, until they resurfaced four years ago.
Package 8 of the waterfront project, which comprises hotel and residential buildings, is due for completion in August 2017.
- UAE: KOA launches $10,000-prize design challenge
- Dubai: 85% of existing buildings comply with laws
- Abu Dhabi Airports awards car park contract at MTC
- Projects worth $231m underway at Ibn Battuta Mall
- Carillion nabs Bee’ah HQ construction contract
- Dubai adds industrial tree chipper to fleet
- Wilo lays foundation stone at new complex in JAFZA
- ALEC to build $12m data hub at Dubai Int’l Airport
- RTA chief: No timeline for hyperloop in Dubai
- ENEC fits final condenser of Barakah nuclear plant