Dubai's $1.1bn Jewel of the Creek topped outby Neha Bhatia on Mar 1, 2016
The development team behind Jewel of the Creek, the $1.1bn (AED4bn) project taking shape in Dubai, held a topping out ceremony in the city.
HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Hamdan Al Maktoum attended the ceremony, alongside numerous officials from the project's development firm, Dubai International Real Estate.
Also in attendance was Imad W. Elias, CEO of Roda Hotels, the developer's subsidiary charged with project management work for Jewel of the Creek.
The project is sited between Dubai's Al Maktoum Bridge and Floating Bridge, and overlooks the Baniyas Road in Deira.
Other guests at the ceremony included officials from Habtoor Leighton Group and the Kling Consult and Kieferle & Partner (KCKP) joint venture, which are respectively employed as contractor and lead consultant on the project.
Project planning for Jewel of the Creek commenced in 2006, when initial phases, such as basement areas, were developed.
These plans were put on hold during the global economic meltdown of 2008/9, until they resurfaced four years ago.
Package 8 of the waterfront project, which comprises hotel and residential buildings, is due for completion in August 2017.
- UAE's Dubco wins $53m Zayed Housing Programme deal
- Cluttons appoints Murray Strang as its Dubai head
- RTA awards $191m deals for Dubai Water Canal
- How was Dubai's Burj Al Arab Terrace constructed?
- Dubai Ruler unveils first 3D printed office
- RTA opens Al Jaddaf Marine Transport Station
- Yotel Dubai hotel to complete construction in 2018
- Dubai Holding unveils $272m Marasi Business Bay
- DEWA to tender for 3D labs at Dubai solar park
- Construction underway at luxury MBR City project