Doosan launches heavy-duty excavator bucket lineby John Bambridge on Feb 29, 2016
Doosan has launched a new line of heavy-duty excavator buckets made with abrasion-resistant material for handling rocks and carrying out other severe-duty applications.
The new buckets range in width from 450mm (18”) to 1,800mm (72”), and in capacity from 0.225m3 to 3.03m3, and are available in a pin-on or wedge-lock style for Doosan’s 14t DX140LC-5 excavator all the way through to the 52t DX530LC-5 excavator.
The buckets are built for handling abrasive materials in heavy digging and loading applications such as in loose rock or pit and quarry operations. Specifically, the buckets’ side cutters, shell bottom, side wear plates and a weld-on wear shroud are made of the heavy duty material.
The wear pads provide extra protection from rocks and irregular materials while a thicker cutting edge and an abrasive-resistant wear strap make easier work of tougher jobs and increase the longevity of the attachment.
The machine-fitting joint on the bucket is strengthened with reinforcing gussets.
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Doosan excavator stops collapse of Scottish castle
- Doosan plans to publicly list Bobcat for $860m
- Doosan launches heavy-duty excavator bucket line
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste
- CW Awards 2015: 5 Minutes with Asif Khan, GENAVCO
- Excavator falls from Boston bridge onto rail track