Siemens and IBM collaborate on building technologyby Alexander Pieri on Mar 1, 2016
The Siemens Building Technologies Division and IBM have recently announced a partnership aimed at launching a cloud-based building platform.
Combining both Siemens’ experience in building operations, as well as IBM’s expertise on the Internet of Things (IoT), the two firms will work together to devise ways at enhancing building connectivity and managing the data they create.
The technology platform produced from this partnership will be geared primarily towards real estate owners, as well as realising the goal of energy efficiency.
Siemens has revealed that it will integrate software from IBM’s Watson IoT Business Unit, which includes analytics and asset management. The software will be combined with its cloud-based Navigator energy and sustainability management platform.
Capable of accessing data from a portfolio of 300,000 buildings, the Navigator platform can collated information from a variety of sources. These include Siemens’ own systems, building systems from other companies, as well as external sources of data, such as weather information.
IBM’s data analytics capabilities would be then utilised to analyse and prioritise information for building owners to act upon.
Dana Soukup, vice president, enterprise client solutions, Siemens Building Technologies, shared: “We want to make it easy for our customers to use this system to look ahead… It’s a lot cheaper to repair or maintain a piece of equipment than to replace it.
“We’re not out selling software per se. We are using this as a way to take care of our customers and to drive services that help them have better business performance. The software is a means to an end.”
- Emrill signs fleet management deal with Hertz
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- MAB FM wins five-year Louvre Abu Dhabi contract
- Global outsourced FM market worth $1tn by 2025
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services
- What are the challenges of offering FM in Syria?
- EFS wins $4m FM deal from Dubai Real Estate Corp
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?
- Siemens appoints new CFO for Middle East region
- Top 10 benefits of using FM for GCC buildings