UAE: UK architect unveils Oasis Eco Resort designby James Morgan on Mar 1, 2016
UK-based Baharash Architecture has unveiled its design for Oasis Eco Resort, which is to be constructed in Liwa, UAE.
The project, which is being developed by Dubai-headquartered Eco Resort Group, will feature more than 14,500 sqm of solar panels, onsite wastewater treatment and recycling facilities, and a zero-emission zone.
Those behind the development claim that Oasis Eco Resort will be “the world’s greenest”.
Commenting on the green credentials of the project, Baharash Bagherian, founder of Baharash Architecture, said: “At the very early stages of the project, we found out that we could extract groundwater using a deep well. This gave us an opportunity to create a story around a spring, which was of critical importance to Bedouins for trade and transportation routes.”
The accommodation and functional areas of Oasis Eco Resort will be distributed around the spring, which lies at the heart of the development’s design.
Baharash Architecture has integrated a number of environmentally friendly features into the resort’s design, including wastewater recycling and irrigation facilities, onsite waste management, a zero-emission zone, and extensive solar panelling for power generation.
The resort will feature a total of 84 interconnected suites, and is due to open in 2020.
- KSA: World’s largest maritime yard signs designers
- Reem Mall secures Estidama 2 Pearl Design Rating
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020
- UAE: UK architect unveils Oasis Eco Resort design
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Qatar ranked second best infrastructure market
- Officials say projects will ease Qatar traffic
- Contractors seek leniency for delayed projects
- Ashghal to launch 80 new projects in Qatar
- Ashghal to complete major new roads in three years