Starwood plans Aloft development on Palm Jumeirahby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 3, 2016
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide have signed an agreement with Rashid Al Abbar to open a 192-room Aloft in Dubai.
Located on Palm Jumeirah, the hotel will become the brand's first resort in the Middle East when it opens its doors as the first mid-market hotel brand on the island.
Aloft Dubai, The Palm, which is scheduled to open in 2017, will feature 192 guest rooms, including 10 suites, and will include access to a 500m stretch of beach.
Michael Wade, president, Starwood Hotels & Hotels Europe, Africa and Middle East, said: "We are delighted to work with Mr Rashid Al Abbar to debut our tech-forward Aloft experience to the Palm Jumeirah and bring the brand's passion for live music, vibrant design and innovation to this exciting development."
The property, which will comprise various dining facilities, will also feature SPG Keyless - a system that will enable guests to use their smartphone or Apple Watch as a room key.
Rashid Al Abbar, added: "This a very exciting and prestigious opportunity for us to work with Starwood who are leaders in the hospitality industry.
"We are confident that Aloft Dubai, The Palm will create a new level of experience for guests by providing an international, mid-level, resort style hotel in Palm Jumeirah, at attractive rates."
Aloft plans to introduce seven properties across the UAE by 2019.
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- UAE firm to set up $1.6bn steel plant in Algeria
- AkzoNobel launches new range of paints, primers
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- CPS signs an agreement with Pipes Technology Co.
- DEWA launches competition to design solar cars
- Construction, building firms grow by 14% in Jafza
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala