Starwood plans Aloft development on Palm Jumeirahby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 3, 2016
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide have signed an agreement with Rashid Al Abbar to open a 192-room Aloft in Dubai.
Located on Palm Jumeirah, the hotel will become the brand's first resort in the Middle East when it opens its doors as the first mid-market hotel brand on the island.
Aloft Dubai, The Palm, which is scheduled to open in 2017, will feature 192 guest rooms, including 10 suites, and will include access to a 500m stretch of beach.
Michael Wade, president, Starwood Hotels & Hotels Europe, Africa and Middle East, said: "We are delighted to work with Mr Rashid Al Abbar to debut our tech-forward Aloft experience to the Palm Jumeirah and bring the brand's passion for live music, vibrant design and innovation to this exciting development."
The property, which will comprise various dining facilities, will also feature SPG Keyless - a system that will enable guests to use their smartphone or Apple Watch as a room key.
Rashid Al Abbar, added: "This a very exciting and prestigious opportunity for us to work with Starwood who are leaders in the hospitality industry.
"We are confident that Aloft Dubai, The Palm will create a new level of experience for guests by providing an international, mid-level, resort style hotel in Palm Jumeirah, at attractive rates."
Aloft plans to introduce seven properties across the UAE by 2019.
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Saudi: Sheraton Makkah to open in Q4 2016
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Siemens raises outlook following quarterly growth
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Kalmar to supply tractors to Khalifa Port Terminal
- Starwood Hotels unveiled for $1.5bn Place Vendôme
- Levitating pods to revolutionise UAE transport
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions