DEWA wins big at Smart Cities Summit and Awardsby Alexander Pieri on Mar 3, 2016
The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) won three awards at the Smart Cities Summit and Awards 2016.
The government body was awarded the accolade of Best Smart City Initiative category for their Green Charger Initiative.
DEWA also won the Configuration and Deployment of Smart City Infrastructure 2016 category for its Dubai Smart Soil Initiative, as well as the Most Powerful Smart City Leaders award.
Commenting on the awards, HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD & CEO of DEWA, said: “DEWA has developed a comprehensive Smart Grid strategy and aligned its corporate strategy with the Smart Dubai initiative. DEWA is currently implementing three major initiatives: Shams Dubai, smart applications and smart meters, and Green Charger.”
He added: “The Green Charger initiative will substantially contribute to introducing electric vehicles to Dubai, boosting the use of energy resources and reducing the Emirate’s carbon footprint. These initiatives have contributed to DEWA winning these awards.”
The Smart Cities Summit and Awards 2016 was held as part of the World Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Congress in Mumbai, India. The event is held annually on the 18 February.
The awards recognise both public and private organisations that are developing and driving smart city strategies. Key factors includes the various initiatives being enacted, as well as the type of technologies and standards being deployed.
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Altaaqa achieves ISO award for energy performance
- UAE: Siemens to showcase digital tech at WFES
- UAE: Nakheel releases tender for maintenance work
- Lite-tech inaugurates LED fixings factory in Dubai
- GCC: Honeywell rolls out new hospitality devices
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport