DEWA wins big at Smart Cities Summit and Awardsby Alexander Pieri on Mar 3, 2016
The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) won three awards at the Smart Cities Summit and Awards 2016.
The government body was awarded the accolade of Best Smart City Initiative category for their Green Charger Initiative.
DEWA also won the Configuration and Deployment of Smart City Infrastructure 2016 category for its Dubai Smart Soil Initiative, as well as the Most Powerful Smart City Leaders award.
Commenting on the awards, HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD & CEO of DEWA, said: “DEWA has developed a comprehensive Smart Grid strategy and aligned its corporate strategy with the Smart Dubai initiative. DEWA is currently implementing three major initiatives: Shams Dubai, smart applications and smart meters, and Green Charger.”
He added: “The Green Charger initiative will substantially contribute to introducing electric vehicles to Dubai, boosting the use of energy resources and reducing the Emirate’s carbon footprint. These initiatives have contributed to DEWA winning these awards.”
The Smart Cities Summit and Awards 2016 was held as part of the World Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Congress in Mumbai, India. The event is held annually on the 18 February.
The awards recognise both public and private organisations that are developing and driving smart city strategies. Key factors includes the various initiatives being enacted, as well as the type of technologies and standards being deployed.
- Emrill signs fleet management deal with Hertz
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- MAB FM wins five-year Louvre Abu Dhabi contract
- Global outsourced FM market worth $1tn by 2025
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services
- What are the challenges of offering FM in Syria?
- EFS wins $4m FM deal from Dubai Real Estate Corp
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?
- Top 10 benefits of using FM for GCC buildings
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU