Honeywell partners with Palo Alto Networksby Alexander Pieri on Mar 7, 2016
Palo Alto Networks and Honeywell Process Solutions have announced a joint collaboration aimed at enhancing the cyber security capabilities of control systems utilised by critical infrastructure and industrial facilities.
Specifically, the two firms will aim to boost security around their Process Control Networks (PCN) and Operational Technology (OT) environments. This will ensure their respective assets remain protected, and that production uptime is maximised to its full-potential.
Jeff Zindel, vice president and general manager, cyber security, Honeywell Process Solutions, commented: “The collaboration with Palo Alto Networks expands our ability to provide proactive intrusion prevention resulting in more robust protection for our customers.”
To accomplish this Honeeywell’s Industrial Cyber Security division will now offer Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
The joint offering boasts improved network traffic monitoring, as well as incorporating the latest in threat prevention across the automation environment.
The new platform effectively combines Palo Alto Networks’ expertise in integrated security, along with Honeywell’s experience with process control.
Chad Kinzelberg, senior vice president of business and corporate development, Palo Alto Networks, shared: “Connecting vital infrastructure to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) comes with tremendous benefit, but also associated cyber risks.
“Our work with Honeywell addresses the cyber risk with next-generation security designed to meet the needs of industrial customers and provide them with threat detection and prevention capabilities previously unseen in the industry.”
- Macro wins international SCB contract
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Altaaqa achieves ISO award for energy performance
- UAE: Siemens to showcase digital tech at WFES
- UAE: Nakheel releases tender for maintenance work
- Lite-tech inaugurates LED fixings factory in Dubai
- GCC: Honeywell rolls out new hospitality devices
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year