Honeywell partners with Palo Alto Networksby Alexander Pieri on Mar 7, 2016
Palo Alto Networks and Honeywell Process Solutions have announced a joint collaboration aimed at enhancing the cyber security capabilities of control systems utilised by critical infrastructure and industrial facilities.
Specifically, the two firms will aim to boost security around their Process Control Networks (PCN) and Operational Technology (OT) environments. This will ensure their respective assets remain protected, and that production uptime is maximised to its full-potential.
Jeff Zindel, vice president and general manager, cyber security, Honeywell Process Solutions, commented: “The collaboration with Palo Alto Networks expands our ability to provide proactive intrusion prevention resulting in more robust protection for our customers.”
To accomplish this Honeeywell’s Industrial Cyber Security division will now offer Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
The joint offering boasts improved network traffic monitoring, as well as incorporating the latest in threat prevention across the automation environment.
The new platform effectively combines Palo Alto Networks’ expertise in integrated security, along with Honeywell’s experience with process control.
Chad Kinzelberg, senior vice president of business and corporate development, Palo Alto Networks, shared: “Connecting vital infrastructure to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) comes with tremendous benefit, but also associated cyber risks.
“Our work with Honeywell addresses the cyber risk with next-generation security designed to meet the needs of industrial customers and provide them with threat detection and prevention capabilities previously unseen in the industry.”
- EFS wins $4m FM deal from Dubai Real Estate Corp
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?
- Top 10 benefits of using FM for GCC buildings
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU
- 'Involving FM in GCC building design a challenge'
- Why is Masdar installing sensors in UAE mosques?
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG
- Company formed to manage UAE Barakah nuclear units
- FM Executive of the Year underscores quality costs
- Dulsco hosts HR roundtable in Qatar