Construction underway at NFPC plant in Abu Dhabiby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 7, 2016
Construction work is underway at the National Food Product Company's (NFPC) new 752,000 sqm production facility in Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Industrial Zone (Kizad).
The facility, which will manufacture most of the company's brands, is expected to start operations in the first quarter of 2018, Arabian Business reported.
The first phase of the Kizad facility with energy and water saving features will comprise of 5-gallon water bottling plant, Milco dairy, Lacnor juice and Oasis small water bottling plant under one roof.
The first phase of the project will also see the construction of a waste water treatment plant, a 10,000 sqm office building and a 2,800 sq m central district cooling plant.
Mohamed Juma Al Shamisi, CEO of Abu Dhabi Ports, the operator of Kizad, said: "By hosting NFPC as our anchor tenant, Kizad's food cluster will significantly contribute towards the efforts to meet the growing food demand in the GCC, especially in the UAE.
"NFPC's ambitious expansion plans are timely as the food consumption in the GCC is expected to grow a 3.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2014 and 2019 to reach 51.9million metric tonnes."
Meanwhile, the second phase of the project will feature a fully automated packaging factory producing tailored containers for the food industry, a recycling plant to manufacture products using waste materials, and an automated cold store
NFPC president and CEO Fady Antonios, added: "The start of construction of the mega facility at Kizad is a key milestone in developing our operational capabilities to enable a new paradigm of growth for our market leading brands in the food and beverage sector."
- Bahrain signs housing projects worth $395m
- RTA to reopen Marina roads along Dubai Tram
- Arabtec, Bentley cut costs by 30% at Fairmont site
- Work in full swing at TDIC's Saadiyat Lagoons
- Steam generators fitted at Unit 3 of UAE's Barakah
- Abu Dhabi Ports and ADSB to build ship repair yard
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- ADNEC unveils phase II of Al Ain Convention Centre
- Fire hits two warehouses in Abu Dhabi's Mina area
- UAE: Bloom appoints main contractor for Park View