Toshiba unit wins $32m Oman wastewater plant dealby Paromita Dey on Mar 7, 2016
UEM India Private Limited, a water services company of Toshiba Group, has won a $32m (OMR12.3m) design build and operate (DBO) contract for a wastewater treatment and recycling plant in Oman.
The contract was awarded by Majis Industrial Services, an Omani-government owned corporation and provider of water utility services at Sohar Industrial Port Area.
It covers DBO of central effluent treatment and the second phase of Recycle Project One in the port area and the operation and maintenance for 10 years.
The Indian group provides customers with competitive DBO solutions and fully integrated engineering, procurement and construction services (EPC) for wastewater treatment and recycling.
The company received the order for this facility, now under construction, and is deploying high level purifying treatment technology and facilities utilising an ultrafiltration membrane, reverse osmosis membrane and ion-exchange resin filtration system, all used in water treatment facilities in Japan.
UEM will also operate and maintain the facility for the first 10 years of operation.
Koichi Matsui, the chairperson and managing director, UEM said: "The contract win reflects the group's accomplishments in Oman and its capabilities in integrating engineering. Toshiba’s acquisition of UEM last September has been good for both companies, as it has enhanced co-operation and sharing of technologies and know-how. We will contribute to Oman’s industrial growth through the Sohar project and positively seek participation in future projects."
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Egypt's Arab Contractors to build $439m projects
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- Toshiba unit wins $32m Oman wastewater plant deal
- Kuwait's Action Hotels open second Australia hotel
- Sharjah approves five pedestrian bridges' designs
- UAE's Empower cancels IPO plans amidst oil turmoil