Arabtec: No changes in the board of directorsby Paromita Dey on Mar 7, 2016
Dubai-based contractor Arabtec has denied any rumours surrounding the appointment of Hasan Ismaik as the chairman/member of board of directors for the company.
The listed contractor, in its statement to the Dubai bourse, said: "All rumours regarding the appointment of Hasan Ismaik as the chairman/member of board of directors are false and are not based on any true facts or events."
The company also cleared the fact that they are not anticipating any change to the board of directors of Arabtec at this stage.
"We would like to reiterate our commitment to adhere and comply with the legislative provisions regarding disclosures and transparency," read the statement.
Earlier last month, it was reported that Arabtec’s former chief executive officer Hasan Ismaik has increased his shareholding in the contractor.
Ismaik’s shareholding in the company increased to 11.9% from 11.8%, according to the DFM website, but the rumours were later flagged down by the contractor.
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Arabtec agrees to $108m debt facility from Aabar
- Kalmar to supply tractors to Khalifa Port Terminal
- Levitating pods to revolutionise UAE transport
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG
- CWOnline.com passes one-million page views in May
- Arabtec to wipe out losses with $272m reserves