Arabtec: No changes in the board of directorsby Paromita Dey on Mar 7, 2016
Dubai-based contractor Arabtec has denied any rumours surrounding the appointment of Hasan Ismaik as the chairman/member of board of directors for the company.
The listed contractor, in its statement to the Dubai bourse, said: "All rumours regarding the appointment of Hasan Ismaik as the chairman/member of board of directors are false and are not based on any true facts or events."
The company also cleared the fact that they are not anticipating any change to the board of directors of Arabtec at this stage.
"We would like to reiterate our commitment to adhere and comply with the legislative provisions regarding disclosures and transparency," read the statement.
Earlier last month, it was reported that Arabtec’s former chief executive officer Hasan Ismaik has increased his shareholding in the contractor.
Ismaik’s shareholding in the company increased to 11.9% from 11.8%, according to the DFM website, but the rumours were later flagged down by the contractor.
- Arabtec shares halted amid release of Q4 results
- Iran: 20 firefighers dead after high-rise collapse
- Macro wins international SCB contract
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Jafza introduces changes for easier business
- Etihad ESCO retrofits over 2,000 buildings in 2016
- Qatar's Hamad Airport awarded ‘5-star’ by Skytrax
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016