Kizad awarded ISO 9001:2015 quality certificationby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 7, 2016
Abu Dhabi Ports has announced that Khalifa Industrial Zone (Kizad) has been awarded ISO 9001:2015 quality certification by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance (LRQA).
This achievements demonstrates Kizad's efficient and streamlined business processes - as well as its capability to satisfy its customers and provides a sound foundation for growth and sustained success.
Captain Mohamed Juma Al Shamisi, CEO of Abu Dhabi Ports, said: "Kizad's accomplishment is recognition of our continuous efforts to improve operational processes, make sure that risks are allayed, and achieve maximum customer satisfaction - the paramount objective of Abu Dhabi Ports.
"This will further enhance our capacity to compete in a global marketplace."
Abu Dhabi Ports, the master developer, operator and manager of ports and Kizad in the Emirate, recently made a major strategic initiative to attain the ISO certification for the whole organisation.
ISO 9001:2015 certification for Kizad is the first milestone attained in this strategic initiative.
Basem Obaid, general manager - India, MEA & South East Europe at Lloyds Register Quality Assurance, said: "Kizad of Abu Dhabi Ports is one of the first lending quality organisations in the UAE, even across the globe, to acquire transition of their business processes including the risk/opportunities management system to ISO 9001:2015 certificate in the shortest possible time.
"We are very pleased to be involved as their certification body right from the inception of Kizad."
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan