Barwa Bank appoints group chief operating officerby Kim Kemp on Mar 9, 2016
Barwa Bank has appointed Nasser Rashid Al Humaidi as group chief operating officer.
Reporting to the acting GCEO of Barwa Bank Group, Khalid Yousef Al-Subeai, Al-Humaidi will be tasked with developing a unified structure to improve operational efficiency, increase proficiency and modernise processes and procedures, by using the latest financial sector tools.
On the occasion, Al-Subeai, said: “I am pleased to announce that Nasser Rashid Al-Humaidi is joining Barwa Bank Group as its chief operating officer.
“Nasser has extensive experience and a proven track record in leading institutions and companies in Qatar, and we are confident of AlHumaidi’s contribution in upgrading our banking operations and information technology as we look to the future.”
With more than 19 years’ experience in the operations management and information technology sectors, Al-Humaidi has a strong track record of accomplishments in a number of leading institutions from a variety sectors, including telecom, real estate development, oil and gas as well as national steering committees.
He worked as the executive director for Operations & Support at Qatar Development Bank for the past three years.
On the occasion of his appointment, Al-Humaidi said:“I am proud to be joining this rapidly evolving and growing organisation, which is constantly seeking, with every effort, to consolidate a new trend in the Shari’ah-compliant banking sector, and I’m looking forward to working together with the leadership of the group and all of its employees to explore new horizons and ways to provide the best services to the bank’s clients.”
- ADP highlights opportunities for Chinese market
- Cluttons appoints Murray Strang as its Dubai head
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Egypt's Arab Contractors to build $439m projects
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Barwa Real Estate to invest $4.1bn in new projects
- GEMS raised $250m to build new schools in the Gulf
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016