Official says Phase 2 of Dubai's d3 is 5% completeby Neha Bhatia on Mar 10, 2016
The second phase of Dubai Design District (d3) is on track to meet its completion deadline.
Mohammad Saeed Al Shehi, chief operating officer of d3, said the phase is currently 5% complete, and will be ready by mid-2018.
This phase of the project includes the construction of workshops, showrooms, design studios, and exhibition space, all of which will be part of d3's 'Creative Community'.
Al Shehi added enabling works have been completed, and construction work has commenced on site.
The third phase of the project is being designed, and work on this is expected to start in 2017, according to Gulf News.
Al Shehi said phase 3, which will overlook a 1.8km waterfront, is scheduled for completion in 2021.
- Fourzone inks $8.1m fit-out deal for Dubai hotel
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- Damac launches luxury villas in its Akoya projects
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Saudi Aramco breaks ground on new research centre
- Investors dismayed with delays on Asfan project
- UAE: Nakheel inaugurates $30m mall in Al Furjan
- German group to build two power stations in Iran