Official says Phase 2 of Dubai's d3 is 5% completeby Neha Bhatia on Mar 10, 2016
The second phase of Dubai Design District (d3) is on track to meet its completion deadline.
Mohammad Saeed Al Shehi, chief operating officer of d3, said the phase is currently 5% complete, and will be ready by mid-2018.
This phase of the project includes the construction of workshops, showrooms, design studios, and exhibition space, all of which will be part of d3's 'Creative Community'.
Al Shehi added enabling works have been completed, and construction work has commenced on site.
The third phase of the project is being designed, and work on this is expected to start in 2017, according to Gulf News.
Al Shehi said phase 3, which will overlook a 1.8km waterfront, is scheduled for completion in 2021.
- Reem Mall secures Estidama 2 Pearl Design Rating
- Augmented reality-reveal for Expo 2020 master plan
- World’s first materials library to open in Dubai
- RICS and MECO to address office design in the GCC
- Designer picked for $1bn Bahrain Airport interiors
- Qatar Rail unveils Doha Metro, Lusail Tram designs
- Revealed: Winners of Dubai Expo 2020 theme designs
- Official says Phase 2 of Dubai's d3 is 5% complete
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020
- DEWA picks consultant for 2,400MW Hassyan plant