Home / SPECIAL REPORTS / Top 10 tips for GCC construction project success
Top 10 tips for GCC construction project successby Neha Bhatia on Mar 11, 2016
Construction firms in the GCC and wider Middle East are realigning their human resources strategies as oil prices continue to dwindle around the world.
Reduced oil revenues have led to project delays and cancellations, with construction firms slashing their workforces in a bid to sustain challenging economic conditions.
A common feature of the ongoing economic turbulence has been delays in salary payments.
Ryan Regina, co-founder of Big Sky Enterprises, told Construction Week such economic conditions necessitate sound credentials are ensured before project launch.
A commercial construction project usually involves one overriding factor above all others: the bottom line, Regina explained, adding, however, that budget alone must not determine project plans.
Regina enumerated 10 key factors, pertaining to a project's life cycle, which must be remembered while hiring a commercial developer, designer, and contractor for new projects.
Read on to discover how these considerations could protect your next project.
Next page: Money matters
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- CPS signs an agreement with Pipes Technology Co.
- DEWA launches competition to design solar cars
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- In Numbers: Aldar Properties' Q3 financials
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017