Dubai Science Park HQ handover to begin in 2016by Neha Bhatia on Mar 10, 2016
The handover of Dubai Science Park's under-construction headquarters (HQ) building in Dubailand is due to commence this year.
In October 2015, TECOM formed Dubai Science Park, an entity comprising Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) and the Energy and Environment Park (EnPark).
Consequently, a new HQ project was announced to complement Dubai Science Park's current facility in Dubailand.
The development comprises two towers, named North and South, and a retail component, called The Jewel.
Marwan Abdulaziz, executive director at Dubai Science Park, told Construction Week that the project's phased handover will begin in H2 2016.
"North Tower is due for completion in September," he continued.
"South Tower and The Jewel will be handed over between October and December," Abdulaziz added.
Companies licensed by Dubai Science Park with locations in other TECOM areas, such as Internet City, will gradually move into the new HQ buildings upon their completion.
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Saudi: $122bn worth of projects ongoing in Riyadh
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Dubai Science Park HQ handover to begin in 2016
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020
- Sharjah approves five pedestrian bridges' designs
- $653 Tilal City attracts international investors
- Construction firms 27% of new business register
- Dubai Science Park expands with new companies
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste