Dubai Science Park HQ handover to begin in 2016by Neha Bhatia on Mar 10, 2016
The handover of Dubai Science Park's under-construction headquarters (HQ) building in Dubailand is due to commence this year.
In October 2015, TECOM formed Dubai Science Park, an entity comprising Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) and the Energy and Environment Park (EnPark).
Consequently, a new HQ project was announced to complement Dubai Science Park's current facility in Dubailand.
The development comprises two towers, named North and South, and a retail component, called The Jewel.
Marwan Abdulaziz, executive director at Dubai Science Park, told Construction Week that the project's phased handover will begin in H2 2016.
"North Tower is due for completion in September," he continued.
"South Tower and The Jewel will be handed over between October and December," Abdulaziz added.
Companies licensed by Dubai Science Park with locations in other TECOM areas, such as Internet City, will gradually move into the new HQ buildings upon their completion.
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Infrastructure spending to increase by 27% in 2017
- Saudi Aramco breaks ground on new research centre
- Investors dismayed with delays on Asfan project
- UAE: Nakheel inaugurates $30m mall in Al Furjan
- German group to build two power stations in Iran