Dubai Science Park HQ handover to begin in 2016by Neha Bhatia on Mar 10, 2016
The handover of Dubai Science Park's under-construction headquarters (HQ) building in Dubailand is due to commence this year.
In October 2015, TECOM formed Dubai Science Park, an entity comprising Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) and the Energy and Environment Park (EnPark).
Consequently, a new HQ project was announced to complement Dubai Science Park's current facility in Dubailand.
The development comprises two towers, named North and South, and a retail component, called The Jewel.
Marwan Abdulaziz, executive director at Dubai Science Park, told Construction Week that the project's phased handover will begin in H2 2016.
"North Tower is due for completion in September," he continued.
"South Tower and The Jewel will be handed over between October and December," Abdulaziz added.
Companies licensed by Dubai Science Park with locations in other TECOM areas, such as Internet City, will gradually move into the new HQ buildings upon their completion.
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contact
- Damac unveils Akoya Manarola villas in Al Qudra
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Nakheel completes Ibn Battuta Mall expansion
- IHG and RAK Properties resume hotel project in RAK
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- UAE firm to set up $1.6bn steel plant in Algeria
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- CPS signs an agreement with Pipes Technology Co.