Nakheel, Al Akaria ink MoU for Riyadh projectsby Paromita Dey on Mar 12, 2016
Dubai master developer Nakheel have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), where it will provide technical support to developer Al Akaria for new, mixed-use projects in Riyadh.
Nakheel will apply its entire range of skills, including master planning, design, construction management, mall design and management, hospitality projects and leasing.
Nakheel chairman Ali Rashid Lootah said: “Nakheel is a proven leader in the delivery of world-class developments that set new standards in creativity, design and engineering. We are delighted to take our unrivalled know-how, experience and expertise to KSA and to work with another leader, Al Akaria, as it expands its development project portfolio.”
Abdulrahman Almofadhi, chairman of Al Akaria, added: “Al Akaria is embarking on a large and rapid expansion. We selected Nakheel to enable us to kick-start and speed up these new projects, and have every confidence in its ability to help us deliver. We look forward to drawing on Nakheel’s extensive expertise now and in the future through a long-term partnership.”
An estimated three million new housing units are needed in KSA by 2025 to keep up with the country’s rapidly growing population, which is expected to reach 37 million over the next 10 years.
Among the new projects is Al Wasl, a 7,000ha integrated master development with thousands of homes, north-west of the Saudi Arabian capital.
Other upcoming developments by Al Akaria include a new luxury residential project with 358 homes in Riyadh’s Diplomatic Quarter; The Village, a new gated community with nearly 1,100 residential units, mosques, schools, shopping centres and parks; and a 10,000 hectare development with hotel, serviced apartment, retail, office and leisure components.
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- UAE: Nakheel inaugurates $30m mall in Al Furjan
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement
- Nakheel completes Ibn Battuta Mall expansion
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Nakheel to award Warsan Clubhouse contract in Jan
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- UAE: Nakheel's Boardwalk to open in November
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks