Dubai: Meydan inks $476m fund deal with Qatar bankby Neha Bhatia on Mar 15, 2016
Dubai-based Meydan Group has reportedly inked a deal to obtain funds for its future projects.
The $476m (AED1.7bn) agreement has been signed with Qatar National Bank (QNB), and its UAE affiliate, Commercial Bank International.
The developer's projects in the city include the Meydan One and Meydan Racecourse.
Meydan's initiative to obtain financing for its upcoming projects indicates optimism in the UAE market, currently facing a regional slowdown spurred by low oil prices.
Citing Gulf News, Reuters said the loan's tenor is longer than seven years, calling it "unusually long for a corporate loan in the Gulf".
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- UAE firm to set up $1.6bn steel plant in Algeria
- AkzoNobel launches new range of paints, primers
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- CPS signs an agreement with Pipes Technology Co.
- DEWA launches competition to design solar cars
- Construction, building firms grow by 14% in Jafza
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala