Dubai: Meydan inks $476m fund deal with Qatar bankby Neha Bhatia on Mar 15, 2016
Dubai-based Meydan Group has reportedly inked a deal to obtain funds for its future projects.
The $476m (AED1.7bn) agreement has been signed with Qatar National Bank (QNB), and its UAE affiliate, Commercial Bank International.
The developer's projects in the city include the Meydan One and Meydan Racecourse.
Meydan's initiative to obtain financing for its upcoming projects indicates optimism in the UAE market, currently facing a regional slowdown spurred by low oil prices.
Citing Gulf News, Reuters said the loan's tenor is longer than seven years, calling it "unusually long for a corporate loan in the Gulf".
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Egypt's Arab Contractors to build $439m projects
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Meydan quashes rumours of restarting Arabtec case
- Dubai Ruler inspects Meydan's District One project
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- Dubai: Meydan inks $476m fund deal with Qatar bank
- Kuwait's Action Hotels open second Australia hotel