Dubai: Meydan inks $476m fund deal with Qatar bankby Neha Bhatia on Mar 15, 2016
Dubai-based Meydan Group has reportedly inked a deal to obtain funds for its future projects.
The $476m (AED1.7bn) agreement has been signed with Qatar National Bank (QNB), and its UAE affiliate, Commercial Bank International.
The developer's projects in the city include the Meydan One and Meydan Racecourse.
Meydan's initiative to obtain financing for its upcoming projects indicates optimism in the UAE market, currently facing a regional slowdown spurred by low oil prices.
Citing Gulf News, Reuters said the loan's tenor is longer than seven years, calling it "unusually long for a corporate loan in the Gulf".
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Jafza introduces changes for easier business
- Etihad ESCO retrofits over 2,000 buildings in 2016
- Qatar's Hamad Airport awarded ‘5-star’ by Skytrax
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi: Al Khodari wins $18.4m maintenance contract
- ADIB leads $272m Islamic financing for Meydan
- Infrastructure spending to increase by 27% in 2017