Abu Dhabi clamps down on illegal auto vendorsby James Morgan on Mar 15, 2016
Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM) is clamping down on illegal auto parts vendors in the Seih Shoaib area.
ADM reported 10 offences and impounded three vehicles as part of its systematic campaign to stamp out street vendors and hawkers selling oils, tyres, and water.
The crackdown was conducted by Al Shahama Municipal Center in conjunction with strategic partners such as Abu Dhabi Police and the Department of Economic Development.
“The campaign is testament to the sustained efforts of the Municipal System of Abu Dhabi Emirate aimed at maintaining the civilised appearance of cities and removing all aspects marring the public appearance,” according to a statement released by ADM.
“It [is] also aimed at maintaining the health and safety of community members by providing the highest environmental and health standards in trading commodities in order to protect consumers from the risks of items sold by peddlers and makeshift markets lacking proper licensing from the concerned bodies,” the statement added.
The campaign is focused on the illegal selling of items such as auto oils, water tankers, and tyres. ADM and its partners said that the crackdown would help to protect buyers from the dangers of procuring products from unauthorised street vendors.
Following the success of its early efforts, the initiative will continue on a regular basis until the problem of unlicensed street vendors has been eliminated in the Seih Shoaib area.
To this end, ADM has called on all community members to contribute to the protection of consumers by complying with the Emirate’s trading-related rules and regulations.
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part one: A-C
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part two: D-H
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part three: I-M
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part four: R-Z
- EMC and Jordan bus firm develop custom MB coaches
- Continental opens first end-user tyre shop in UAE
- RAK Properties' Julphar Residence to open in 2018
- TDIC unveils more townhouses for Saadiyat Lagoons
- DMAT unveils smart traffic system for Abu Dhabi
- UAE: Fire at Abu Dhabi high-rise construction site