Aldar becomes first licensed Master Developerby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 15, 2016
Aldar Properties has received a Master Developer licence from the Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs.
The licence was received under the provisions of the new Real Estate Law which came into effect 1 January, 2016.
Talal Al Dhiyebi, chief development officer at Aldar Properties, said: "We are very excited about the introduction of real estate law in Abu Dhabi.
"We believe it will bring a high degree of predictability and transparceny to the market and thereby increase the attractiveness of the market to existing and a new generation of customers.
"We are proud to be the first developer licensed by the Department of Municipal Affairs under the new regulations, as it reflects our commitment to the new law and the real estate market in Abu Dhabi as a whole."
The new law provides enhanced protections for customers of off-plan developments and enshrines the rights of owners and residents in existing communities.
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Top 10 GCC contract wins - August 2016
- Abu Dhabi: Aldar awards $70m deal for Shams Meera
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Siemens raises outlook following quarterly growth
- Abu Dhabi: Aldar posts 9% net profit growth in Q2