Aldar becomes first licensed Master Developerby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 15, 2016
Aldar Properties has received a Master Developer licence from the Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs.
The licence was received under the provisions of the new Real Estate Law which came into effect 1 January, 2016.
Talal Al Dhiyebi, chief development officer at Aldar Properties, said: "We are very excited about the introduction of real estate law in Abu Dhabi.
"We believe it will bring a high degree of predictability and transparceny to the market and thereby increase the attractiveness of the market to existing and a new generation of customers.
"We are proud to be the first developer licensed by the Department of Municipal Affairs under the new regulations, as it reflects our commitment to the new law and the real estate market in Abu Dhabi as a whole."
The new law provides enhanced protections for customers of off-plan developments and enshrines the rights of owners and residents in existing communities.
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Jafza introduces changes for easier business
- Etihad ESCO retrofits over 2,000 buildings in 2016
- Qatar's Hamad Airport awarded ‘5-star’ by Skytrax
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi: Al Khodari wins $18.4m maintenance contract
- Infrastructure spending to increase by 27% in 2017
- Builders urged to adhere to traffic safety onsite