Aldar becomes first licensed Master Developerby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 15, 2016
Aldar Properties has received a Master Developer licence from the Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs.
The licence was received under the provisions of the new Real Estate Law which came into effect 1 January, 2016.
Talal Al Dhiyebi, chief development officer at Aldar Properties, said: "We are very excited about the introduction of real estate law in Abu Dhabi.
"We believe it will bring a high degree of predictability and transparceny to the market and thereby increase the attractiveness of the market to existing and a new generation of customers.
"We are proud to be the first developer licensed by the Department of Municipal Affairs under the new regulations, as it reflects our commitment to the new law and the real estate market in Abu Dhabi as a whole."
The new law provides enhanced protections for customers of off-plan developments and enshrines the rights of owners and residents in existing communities.
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Aldar generates $272m in sales for Yas Acres
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG
- CWOnline.com passes one-million page views in May
- UAE: Majid Al Futtaim to invest $13bn by 2026
- Terex boss welcomes end to Zoomlion takeover talks
- ADP highlights opportunities for Chinese market
- Cluttons appoints Murray Strang as its Dubai head
- Tokyo Freight receives 58 Volvo tractor heads
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018