UAE: Akar completes landscaping at Palm Oasis Parkby Yamurai Zendera on Mar 17, 2016
Landscaping contractor Akar has completed work at Palm Oasis Park in Dubai, UAE.
Launched in Q1 of this year, the palm-shaped park is now home to over 39 varieties of date palm trees that have been gathered from all seven Emirates.
The 7.5 hectare site, prveiously called Al Nakheel Park, has also been equipped with more than 200 solar lights and runs entirely on solar energy.
Adnan Nalwala, executive director, Akar Technical Services Co, said: “The Palm Oasis Park Project is surely another landmark project for Dubai and the UAE, and we are proud to have been awarded the responsibility of executing a project of this magnitude by Dubai Municipality. The team at Akar has been dedicated to bringing this magnificent and culturally important project to life, and we are looking forward to its opening and its addition to Dubai’s landmark spots."
Dubai Municipality says Palm Oasis Park is one of its most important projects in 2016.
A statement read: "Akar has been our trusted partners in ensuring this project is delivered successfully, ahead of time, and as per our vision and the vision of our leadership. The Park will bring a value added destination for all residents of Dubai and the UAE, as well as visitors and tourists to the UAE and we look forward to creating many such venues for our residents and visitors.”
Dates from these trees will be sold in the ‘Date Souq’ located within the park.
- Wilo lays foundation stone at new complex in JAFZA
- Siemens, Bentley team up to digitalise utilities
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Saudi Aramco breaks ground on new research centre
- Investors dismayed with delays on Asfan project
- UAE: Nakheel inaugurates $30m mall in Al Furjan
- German group to build two power stations in Iran