UAE: Akar completes landscaping at Palm Oasis Parkby Yamurai Zendera on Mar 17, 2016
Landscaping contractor Akar has completed work at Palm Oasis Park in Dubai, UAE.
Launched in Q1 of this year, the palm-shaped park is now home to over 39 varieties of date palm trees that have been gathered from all seven Emirates.
The 7.5 hectare site, prveiously called Al Nakheel Park, has also been equipped with more than 200 solar lights and runs entirely on solar energy.
Adnan Nalwala, executive director, Akar Technical Services Co, said: “The Palm Oasis Park Project is surely another landmark project for Dubai and the UAE, and we are proud to have been awarded the responsibility of executing a project of this magnitude by Dubai Municipality. The team at Akar has been dedicated to bringing this magnificent and culturally important project to life, and we are looking forward to its opening and its addition to Dubai’s landmark spots."
Dubai Municipality says Palm Oasis Park is one of its most important projects in 2016.
A statement read: "Akar has been our trusted partners in ensuring this project is delivered successfully, ahead of time, and as per our vision and the vision of our leadership. The Park will bring a value added destination for all residents of Dubai and the UAE, as well as visitors and tourists to the UAE and we look forward to creating many such venues for our residents and visitors.”
Dates from these trees will be sold in the ‘Date Souq’ located within the park.
- Hill Intl wins PM contract for Qatar development
- Hill Intl nabs project mgmt contract in Morocco
- Hill Intl bags $15.5m FM contract from ADNOC
- Rotana to build 12 new hotels in the UAE by 2020
- Albaddad Capital expands facilities to meet demand
- Azizi hands over Azizi Orchid Residence to owners
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contract
- Damac unveils Akoya Manarola villas in Al Qudra
- Nakheel completes Ibn Battuta Mall expansion