Burj Khalifa unveils new spiral attractionby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 17, 2016
Dubai's iconic Burj Khalifa has unveiled a new spiral staircase that takes its 555m observation deck to another level.
Level 125 is now part of the At the Top Burj Khalifa SKY journey that takes visitors to the world's highest observation deck on Level 148, Arabian Business reported.
The new spiral flight features 36 steps in white oak and spans a length of 100 metres.
Enclosed in a glass facade that opens to scintillating views of the city, Level 125 is adorned with a crystal LED chandelier.
The construction of the spiral flight too is a construction marvel accomplished with no intrusion into the existing services. Work was undertaken through 24-hour shifts in 1,200 man-hours and conceptualised by deploying 3D modelling techniques.
The spiral flight is built with 60 metric tonnes of steel, 700 square metres of glass, and 350 sq metres of stainless steel cladding.
At any point in time, 150 people can pass through the stairway.
Level 125 serves as a tribute to Arab arts and culture.
- Union Properties profits drop 51% in 2016
- Rezidor signs contract for two new hotels in Dubai
- Sobha offers discount on DLD fees for Emiratis
- ADFD loans Sudan $90m to build hydroelectric plant
- SSH awarded Marassi Boulevard project in Bahrain
- UAE: Nakheel reports annual net profits of $1.35bn
- Qatar to be in IMD World Competitiveness Report
- CMCS launches project management office training
- Iran: 20 firefighers dead after high-rise collapse
- Macro wins international SCB contract