Burj Khalifa unveils new spiral attractionby Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 17, 2016
Dubai's iconic Burj Khalifa has unveiled a new spiral staircase that takes its 555m observation deck to another level.
Level 125 is now part of the At the Top Burj Khalifa SKY journey that takes visitors to the world's highest observation deck on Level 148, Arabian Business reported.
The new spiral flight features 36 steps in white oak and spans a length of 100 metres.
Enclosed in a glass facade that opens to scintillating views of the city, Level 125 is adorned with a crystal LED chandelier.
The construction of the spiral flight too is a construction marvel accomplished with no intrusion into the existing services. Work was undertaken through 24-hour shifts in 1,200 man-hours and conceptualised by deploying 3D modelling techniques.
The spiral flight is built with 60 metric tonnes of steel, 700 square metres of glass, and 350 sq metres of stainless steel cladding.
At any point in time, 150 people can pass through the stairway.
Level 125 serves as a tribute to Arab arts and culture.
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- DLD: $43bn real estate transactions so far in 2016
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%