French firm behind LED lights at MBR City in Dubaiby Yamurai Zendera on Mar 17, 2016
French firm Photolight delivered around 350 solar power LED lights to illuminate the running and cycling track at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City (MBRC) - District One development in Dubai.
District One is a luxury residential scheme created by a joint venture of Meydan and Sobha (Meydan-Sobha) within the heart of MBRC.
In February the partners launched the third-phase of District one, which will contain 217 four, five and six-bedroom villas and be delivered by the end of 2018.
The solar LED lights were used to illuminate the 8.4km running track which was launched last December.
The track runs the entire periphery of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One situated just 4km from the Burj Khalifa.
Humaid Al Tayer, chairman and CEO of Meydan Group, said: "About 340 of these lights have been imported from France, and unlike the bigger, lumpy solar-powered LED lights, these posts have embedded solar panels, making it sleeker and less space consuming."
- UAE: Siemens to showcase digital tech at WFES
- UAE: Nakheel releases tender for maintenance work
- Lite-tech inaugurates LED fixings factory in Dubai
- GCC: Honeywell rolls out new hospitality devices
- Schneider appoints president for Gulf and Pakistan
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement
- Veolia nabs waste treatment plant deal in Dubai
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- BIG 5: SKM has new air conditioning unit lined up