French firm behind LED lights at MBR City in Dubaiby Yamurai Zendera on Mar 17, 2016
French firm Photolight delivered around 350 solar power LED lights to illuminate the running and cycling track at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City (MBRC) - District One development in Dubai.
District One is a luxury residential scheme created by a joint venture of Meydan and Sobha (Meydan-Sobha) within the heart of MBRC.
In February the partners launched the third-phase of District one, which will contain 217 four, five and six-bedroom villas and be delivered by the end of 2018.
The solar LED lights were used to illuminate the 8.4km running track which was launched last December.
The track runs the entire periphery of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One situated just 4km from the Burj Khalifa.
Humaid Al Tayer, chairman and CEO of Meydan Group, said: "About 340 of these lights have been imported from France, and unlike the bigger, lumpy solar-powered LED lights, these posts have embedded solar panels, making it sleeker and less space consuming."
- Veolia nabs waste treatment plant deal in Dubai
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- BIG 5: SKM has new air conditioning unit lined up
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- UAE: Portacool to unveil four new coolers at Big 5
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Dubai: Nakheel floats tenders to build substations
- Abu Dhabi: Tenders floated for construction works
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital