French firm behind LED lights at MBR City in Dubaiby Yamurai Zendera on Mar 17, 2016
French firm Photolight delivered around 350 solar power LED lights to illuminate the running and cycling track at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City (MBRC) - District One development in Dubai.
District One is a luxury residential scheme created by a joint venture of Meydan and Sobha (Meydan-Sobha) within the heart of MBRC.
In February the partners launched the third-phase of District one, which will contain 217 four, five and six-bedroom villas and be delivered by the end of 2018.
The solar LED lights were used to illuminate the 8.4km running track which was launched last December.
The track runs the entire periphery of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One situated just 4km from the Burj Khalifa.
Humaid Al Tayer, chairman and CEO of Meydan Group, said: "About 340 of these lights have been imported from France, and unlike the bigger, lumpy solar-powered LED lights, these posts have embedded solar panels, making it sleeker and less space consuming."
- French firm behind LED lights at MBR City in Dubai
- MEP Awards 2015: P&T lands Mechanical Project
- MEP Awards 2015: Arabian MEP in Sustainable prize
- Deadline for Dubai Airport T2 project looms
- Oman construction sector fragile, says report
- Saudi cement sector posts 16% annual growth
- $6b expansion plans for Dubai Airports