Revealed: $27.4m Mall of Qatar entertainment arenaby Kim Kemp on Mar 22, 2016
Mall of Qatar is set to become home to the worlds' first in-house mall entertainment troupe.
The MOQLIVE venue will host concerts, entertainment, and mall activities, covering 52 weeks of programming.
The shows have been custom developed by theatrical productions experts, Premium Projects, based in Germany.
With seven main shows performing within the heart of the mall at the Oasis, the troupe has a cast and crew of more than 50 international theatre professionals.
Covered by an impressive 6,000m² glassed dome reaching 30 metres high, supported by four giant steel trees, the focal point of the Oasis is a 15 metre diameter 360-degree rotating stage.
The stage is equipped with a central hydraulic lift, theatrical sound and lighting, high wire rigging, special effects and animated water features.
In addition to proprietary shows, other producer or vendors will use the stage for showcasing their own content.
Rony Mourani, general manager said: "Mall of Qatar and Premium Projects are developing a unique entertainment package which has never been presented in a mall before: All shows and acts are custom-designed for Mall of Qatar to ensure a unique signature experience."
He added: "With its highly innovative proposition, MOQLIVE is intrinsic to MOQ's entire marketing push. It is also central to MOQ's districting and tenant mix.”
Premium Projects is presently developing the signature shows for Mall of Qatar with an international team of choreographers; costume designers; musical directors; art directors and circus trainers.
Mourani concluded: "The Mall of Qatar fully embodies the retailtainment concept and offers a great variety of entertainment options for the whole family.
“ We are confident that everyone will enjoy MOQLIVE events that will make our Mall the destination for our valued guests from within Qatar, the Middle East and beyond.”
- How was Dubai's Burj Al Arab Terrace constructed?
- Ajman: 12 real estate projects to complete in 2016
- France approves 1,225kmph inter-city hyperloop
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Bahrain needs $795m to complete stalled projects
- Designer picked for $1bn Bahrain Airport interiors
- Aldar's Abu Dhabi residential projects on track
- Saudi: $122bn worth of projects ongoing in Riyadh
- Krantz air outlets picked for Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Qatar Rail unveils Doha Metro, Lusail Tram designs