Qatar's Aiana to open residences in Doha in 2016by Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 22, 2016
Doha's Aiana Hotels & Resorts has unveiled the design and architectural elements of its Aiana Suites and Residences in Doha.
The 180-key hotel, located in the central business district of West Bay, is scheduled to open during the fourth quarter of 2016.
Aiana Suites and Residences Doha have been designed by Portuguese interior design firm Promontorio.
Sheikh Turki bin Faissal Al Thani, chairman, Al Sawari Holding, said: "With seven properties launch across the Indian sub-continent and the Middle East within a short span of less than a year, our vision is fast taking shape."
Amruda Nair, joint MD and CEO, Aiana Hotels & Resorts, added: "We are delighted to unveil the first look of Aiana Suites and Residences Doha and are confident that our unique product and service ethos will address the growin demand for value added offering in the upper scale hospitality segment."
During a media event to mark Aiana's first anniversary, the company announced plans to open a 611-room hotel in the Holy City of Makkah during the third quarter of 2016.
Offering views of the Hajj ritual site, Aiana Makkah aim to fulfil the needs of families and groups visiting for holy pilgrimage.
Aiana Makkah will become the first Aiana property to welcome guests.
"The announcement of Aiana Makkah is a key milestone for the brand and it is an honour to bring the Aiana experience to the Holy City.
"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a key market for Aiana Hotels and Resorts and we are honoured to open our first property."
Besides the resorts in Doha and Makkah, Aiana has entered an agreement with India's Moonriver Resorts to open Aiana Munnar in Kerala.
Furthermore, Aiana has also inked a deal with India's Ferns Estates & Developers to manage and operate four new resorts in the Southern Indian state of Karnataka.
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Shangri-La Dubai completes $19m Phase 1 renovation
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Dubai: Union Properties to build racing theme park
- Azizi to launch 50 new projects in 2017