'Saudi workers' non-payment dispute now resolved'by Ashleigh McGinley on Mar 22, 2016
Saudi Arabian authorities have reportedly settled a dispute over alleged non-payemnt of wages to 47 workers in the Eastern Province, according to local media.
The workers filed a joint complaint against their employer for allegedly failing to pay their salaries for more than three months.
The workers are currently involved in the construction of a hospital in the Al Olaya region, Arabian Business reported.
Saudi Gazette, citing Arabic daily Al Jazirah, said the local labour office had now resolved the dispute.
Delaying payment of salaries is a violation of labour laws in the kingdom.
The country has introduced a new wage protection programme intended to protect workers’ rights.
- Iran: 20 firefighers dead after high-rise collapse
- Macro wins international SCB contract
- Saudi Arabia: McDermott appoints general manager
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Saudi Vision 2030 to boost HVAC sector in kingdom
- Makkah crane crash operators lacked basic skills
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Jafza introduces changes for easier business