Work on track for Limitless' $500m Vietnam projectby Paromita Dey on Mar 23, 2016
Groundwork is underway at Halong Star, Limitless’ $550m joint venture residential and tourism project in Halong Bay, Vietnam, said the UAE developer.
Earthworks have begun on a significant portion of the 120ha site, which overlooks the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Halong Bay on Vietnam’s north-east coast.
Construction of the main access road is also in progress.
The news comes as Limitless chairman Ali Rashid Lootah visited the Halong Bay site for update meetings with government officials, including Nguyen Van Doc, secretary of Quang Ninh Party Committee.
Lootah was also joined in Vietnam by William Heinecke, founder, chairman and CEO of Minor International PCL, for site tours and discussions on possible future collaboration at Halong Bay.
Limitless’ sister company, Nakheel, is already working with Bangkok-based Minor on plans for two hotels in Dubai.
Halong Star will feature 340 villas and apartments, retail and leisure facilities and a five star hotel. Halong Bay welcomes more than a million tourists each year.
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Siemens raises outlook following quarterly growth
- GCC needs to focus on low-energy architecture
- Dubai: Najibi launches $297m project in Australia
- Dubai: BASF's chemicals for 3D-printed office
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- Bahrain’s Nass eyes Dubai infrastructure projects
- Cluttons appoints Murray Strang as its Dubai head
- Dubai's sustainable city finalises school design