Work on track for Limitless' $500m Vietnam projectby Paromita Dey on Mar 23, 2016
Groundwork is underway at Halong Star, Limitless’ $550m joint venture residential and tourism project in Halong Bay, Vietnam, said the UAE developer.
Earthworks have begun on a significant portion of the 120ha site, which overlooks the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Halong Bay on Vietnam’s north-east coast.
Construction of the main access road is also in progress.
The news comes as Limitless chairman Ali Rashid Lootah visited the Halong Bay site for update meetings with government officials, including Nguyen Van Doc, secretary of Quang Ninh Party Committee.
Lootah was also joined in Vietnam by William Heinecke, founder, chairman and CEO of Minor International PCL, for site tours and discussions on possible future collaboration at Halong Bay.
Limitless’ sister company, Nakheel, is already working with Bangkok-based Minor on plans for two hotels in Dubai.
Halong Star will feature 340 villas and apartments, retail and leisure facilities and a five star hotel. Halong Bay welcomes more than a million tourists each year.
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- CPS signs an agreement with Pipes Technology Co.
- DEWA launches competition to design solar cars
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- REPORT: $8bn budget forecast for Expo 2020 site
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017