First Solar's O&M reaches 5GW capacityby Alexander Pieri on Mar 24, 2016
First Solar Energy Services’ Operations and Maintenance (O&M) has announced that its portfolio of solar power plants assets has now reached 5.5 gigawatts (GW).
The development has placed First Solar at the top spot on GTM Research’s “Global O&M and Asset management” report for the past two years, surpassing the closest O&M provider by an estimated 1.8GW.
Growing in parallel to the solar industry over the last five years, First Solar’s initial operation begun with the management of the 21MW Blythe Solar Project in California, back in 2009. The company today operates in 10 countries from across the world.
Troy Lauterbach, Vice President, First Solar Energy Services, shared: “Our customers have entrusted us to make sure they get the most out of their investments… we help them minimize risk and maximize the value of their renewable energy assets.”
Stefan Degener, senior director for First Solar Energy Services in the Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “Our ability to optimize power plants virtually anywhere in the world is a critical strength, as emerging solar energy markets, such as the Middle East, start to add significant volumes of capacity.”
He added; ““We also intend on growing our market share in mature markets, such as Europe, as plant owners seek to maximize energy yields by investing in professional O&M services.”
In 2014, First Solar acquired skytron energy, a firm specialised in system monitoring, which maintains its own portfolio of more than 6GW of solar power plants.
Last year, the two entities collaborated on launching a new Operations Center in Berlin, the facility designed to manage the plant control capabilities of solar assets in the EMEA region.
- Farnek nabs electrical accreditation from NICEIC
- Technology key to Oman's energy sustainability
- Etihad ESCO and DIFC sign EPC to cut energy use
- Hormann launches new line of internal doors
- Imdaad targets talent at Careers UAE 2016
- AESG launches HEPA filter testing service
- EmiratesGBC driving zero-energy buildings in UAE
- 2016 fmME Awards: Meet the sponsors
- Hitches & Glitches launches Abu Dhabi office
- UAE: Seven jailed for security breach at WFES 2016