Waseela answers challenge of outdoor CCTV camerasby Alexander Pieri on Mar 27, 2016
Waseela and its technology partner, Redline Communications, have devised a way to address the issue of network connections for outdoor CCTV cameras.
The adoption of a point-to-multipoint (PtMP) broadband wireless systems bring a cost-effective and scalable video surveillance alternative to current point-to-point (PtP) technology.
The platform is more suited to meeting the high capacity demand, as expected from a network found tied to a building, as well as high quality video as needed in security operations.
Jimmy Bakakis, Redline vice president of international sales, stated: “Although our PtMP technology has been available for several years, recent optimizations in costs, capacity enhancements and new features are making this technology a very effective solution for backhauling CCTV cameras.”
Redline’s technology enables a radio base station to connect with numerous subscriber stations up to 30km away. Each connection is capable of carrying up to 10 Mbps of video traffic and can operate at a high quality of service (QOS).
Each base station has a total capacity of 300 Mbps, which is enough to connect up to a dozen CCTV cameras.
Furthermore, the platform’s use of OFDM technology dampens the challenge of multipath fading and obstructions in the wireless environment.
Overall, the average cost per link is approximately 50% less than a traditional PtP system.
- UAE holds workshop on radioactive material safety
- Emrill signs fleet management deal with Hertz
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- MAB FM wins five-year Louvre Abu Dhabi contract
- Builder and supplier teams can boost security FM
- Global outsourced FM market worth $1tn by 2025
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services
- What are the challenges of offering FM in Syria?
- EFS wins $4m FM deal from Dubai Real Estate Corp
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?