Waseela answers challenge of outdoor CCTV camerasby Alexander Pieri on Mar 27, 2016
Waseela and its technology partner, Redline Communications, have devised a way to address the issue of network connections for outdoor CCTV cameras.
The adoption of a point-to-multipoint (PtMP) broadband wireless systems bring a cost-effective and scalable video surveillance alternative to current point-to-point (PtP) technology.
The platform is more suited to meeting the high capacity demand, as expected from a network found tied to a building, as well as high quality video as needed in security operations.
Jimmy Bakakis, Redline vice president of international sales, stated: “Although our PtMP technology has been available for several years, recent optimizations in costs, capacity enhancements and new features are making this technology a very effective solution for backhauling CCTV cameras.”
Redline’s technology enables a radio base station to connect with numerous subscriber stations up to 30km away. Each connection is capable of carrying up to 10 Mbps of video traffic and can operate at a high quality of service (QOS).
Each base station has a total capacity of 300 Mbps, which is enough to connect up to a dozen CCTV cameras.
Furthermore, the platform’s use of OFDM technology dampens the challenge of multipath fading and obstructions in the wireless environment.
Overall, the average cost per link is approximately 50% less than a traditional PtP system.
- Farnek nabs electrical accreditation from NICEIC
- Hormann launches new line of internal doors
- Imdaad targets talent at Careers UAE 2016
- AESG launches HEPA filter testing service
- EmiratesGBC driving zero-energy buildings in UAE
- 2016 fmME Awards: Meet the sponsors
- Hitches & Glitches launches Abu Dhabi office
- UAE: Seven jailed for security breach at WFES 2016
- Belzona tackles repairs at Saudi Aramco Airport
- Qatar: SPIE wins contract at QP seawater facility