Waseela answers challenge of outdoor CCTV camerasby Alexander Pieri on Mar 27, 2016
Waseela and its technology partner, Redline Communications, have devised a way to address the issue of network connections for outdoor CCTV cameras.
The adoption of a point-to-multipoint (PtMP) broadband wireless systems bring a cost-effective and scalable video surveillance alternative to current point-to-point (PtP) technology.
The platform is more suited to meeting the high capacity demand, as expected from a network found tied to a building, as well as high quality video as needed in security operations.
Jimmy Bakakis, Redline vice president of international sales, stated: “Although our PtMP technology has been available for several years, recent optimizations in costs, capacity enhancements and new features are making this technology a very effective solution for backhauling CCTV cameras.”
Redline’s technology enables a radio base station to connect with numerous subscriber stations up to 30km away. Each connection is capable of carrying up to 10 Mbps of video traffic and can operate at a high quality of service (QOS).
Each base station has a total capacity of 300 Mbps, which is enough to connect up to a dozen CCTV cameras.
Furthermore, the platform’s use of OFDM technology dampens the challenge of multipath fading and obstructions in the wireless environment.
Overall, the average cost per link is approximately 50% less than a traditional PtP system.
- Cayan: Daredevil Russian model “breached security”
- Dubai: 85% of existing buildings comply with laws
- Abu Dhabi Airports awards car park contract at MTC
- Carillion nabs Bee’ah HQ construction contract
- Dubai adds industrial tree chipper to fleet
- Eulen and Madaeen team up to provide FM in MidEast
- Landmark Oman hotel set for major revamp
- UAE: CBFM wins three-year Masdar City TFM contract
- Siemens, Bentley team up to digitalise utilities
- Abu Dhabi Executive Council approves $83m projects