Volvo to launch world’s largest articulated haulerby John Bambridge on Mar 28, 2016
Volvo Construction Equipment will unveil several new flagship products at this year’s Bauma 2016, but leading the charge into the fray will be largest articulated hauler a manufacturer has ever made.
The A60H, 55t-class (60 short ton) articulated dump truck, is the industry’s largest articulated hauler, and it is fitting that Volvo would launch it on the 50th anniversary of the company’s production of the first articulated hauler, the DR631 in 1966 — fondly known as ‘Gravel Charlie’.
According to Jonas Gardetun, VP for Volvo CE, in the Middle East, the A60H offers a 40% payload increase on our A40 models — significantly lowering the cost-per-tonne ratio for customers and offering a viable alternative to rigid dump trucks and construction trucks when operating on soft, uneven or steep roads — allowing a similar amount of material to be hauled in a shorter cycle time.
Gardetun notes: “Our range of Volvo articulated haulers are an important focus for us, as this year the Volvo articulated hauler concept celebrates its 50th anniversary — and after all this time we are still a pioneer and market leader in this product category.
“The launch of our H Series articulated haulers has received a great deal of attention, and the A60H model in particular, the construction equipment industry’s largest articulated hauler to date, responds to a growing demand among customers for articulated haulers with larger payloads.”
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Caterpillar launches 950L and 962L wheel loaders
- MAN to show major truck performance updates at IAA
- RTA to reopen Marina roads along Dubai Tram
- Caterpillar to cut niche mining production lines
- Video: Ford 2017 F-250 Super Duty makes a splash
- Saudi tyre market to reach $2.1bn by end of 2016
- Ford targets fully autonomous vehicle by 2021
- Atlas Copco wins first MENA order for mega breaker
- UAE-designed cars to compete in Shell Eco-marathon