Emrill signs fleet management deal with Hertzby John Bambridge on Aug 16, 2016
Emrill, a UAE facilities management provider, has signed a four-year fleet management deal with Hertz that will see the rental specialist look handle its fleet operations and work to improve its efficiencies as part of a sustainability strategy.
The FM company already has one of the UAE’s youngest and safest fleets, with 180 vehicles including large 60-seater buses, vans and 4x4 patrol vehicles.
Already, by implementing vehicle tracking, defensive driver training, ENOC VIP Fuel Payments and fuel-efficient vehicles, Emrill has already seen improved uptime and reduced costs by up to 15%.
Jason Ruehland, MD of Emrill, said: “With the Hertz partnership, Emrill will not only reduce on lost time incidents in case of repairs, but will also receive serviced vehicles in well maintained conditions that enable reduced CO2 emissions and fuel consumption.”
He added: “We are proud to be in this partnership with Hertz and hold true to our sustainability strategy by reducing our carbon footprint and further deliver cost savings for our clients.”
Hertz will also provide Emrill with 24/7 roadside assistance for breakdowns and service from its 21 branches across the UAE equipped for recovery.
A joint safety campaign, called the ‘one road to safety campaign’, will work to build upon Emrill's existing defensive driver training programme with medical tests for the drivers and additional awareness campaigns for fleet passengers on the importance of seat belt fastening.
Emrill has won numerous times at the Facilities Management Middle East Awards, and was the first FM Company to be awarded the Dubai Chamber CSR Label in recognition of its sustainable and responsible corporate practices.
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Altaaqa achieves ISO award for energy performance
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Emrill signs fleet management deal with Hertz
- 'Saudi facilities management 5 years behind UAE'
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste
- CW Awards 2015: 5 Minutes with Asif Khan, GENAVCO