Mall of Qatar set to create 8,000 new jobsby Kim Kemp on Sep 26, 2016
Prior to its soft opening, Mall of Qatar (MoQ) has revealed that the multi-billion dollar project will generate about 8,000 new jobs nationwide.
Due to open its door to the public in the last quarter of 2016, the complex will cover an area of over 500,000m².
When fully operational, it will be host to more than 500 shops, including over 100 F&B restaurants, all of which are anticipated to yield numerous employment opportunities over a variety of disciplines, including sales, management, operations, marketing, and similar positions.
Ahmad Al-Mulla, Mall of Qatar CEO, said: “Mall of Qatar has been carefully designed to immerse visitors in a superior, unparalleled, and multi-sensory experience — one that perfectly blends the best in shopping, dining, and entertainment.”
He asserted that the project “won’t just redefine the traditional concept of a shopping center — it will also help create around 8,000 new job opportunities, and thus serve as a springboard for Qatar’s economic growth”.
Located next to the Al Rayyan FIFA 2022 stadium, visitors will have the option of 500 varied retail, dining, and café options.
- Second fire in six months at Mall of Qatar
- Mall of Qatar set to create 8,000 new jobs
- Danube opens $13m showroom in Qatar
- Deadline for Dubai Airport T2 project looms
- Oman construction sector fragile, says report
- Saudi cement sector posts 16% annual growth
- $6b expansion plans for Dubai Airports
- Al Jaber Group to open KSA office