Builders urged to adhere to traffic safety onsiteby Jochebed Menon on Dec 13, 2016
The Abu Dhabi City Municipality has advised building contractors and developers to adhere to traffic safety measures at construction sites.
Municipality officials said, at a workshop held in Abu Dhabi, that such measures can safeguard both personnel and motorists from accidents, The National reported.
The workshop, Traffic Safety at Work Areas, was aimed at ensuring smooth traffic flow around construction sites, raising safety standards, and promoting awareness among developers, contractors, and consultants involved in infrastructure projects.
The Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport, Abu Dhabi Police and the Abu Dhabi General Services Company (Musanada) participated in the workshop.
Among the matters discussed were difficulties and challenges with creating traffic diversions, improving diversion layout and managing traffic course, and health and safety measures on construction sites.
- Union Properties profits drop 51% in 2016
- Rezidor signs contract for two new hotels in Dubai
- Sobha offers discount on DLD fees for Emiratis
- ADFD loans Sudan $90m to build hydroelectric plant
- SSH awarded Marassi Boulevard project in Bahrain
- UAE: Nakheel reports annual net profits of $1.35bn
- Qatar to be in IMD World Competitiveness Report
- CMCS launches project management office training
- Iran: 20 firefighers dead after high-rise collapse
- Macro wins international SCB contract