Shangri-La Dubai completes $19m Phase 1 renovationby Jochebed Menon on Jan 8, 2017
Shangri-La Hotel Dubai has announced the completion of Phase 1 of its $19m (AED70m) overhaul which has been undertaken across its public areas including the Lobby Lounge and Dunes Café.
The facelift programme has included an extension of the hotel’s Lobby Lounge while Dunes Café has been designed as a more private dining space, Arabian Business reported.
A ‘wave’ chandelier designed by chandelier designers, Lasvit, now hangs in the entrance of the hotel weighing the equivalent of more than 700 bags of sugar.
The renovation project, which began in June 2016, will now move on to Phase 2 which includes the renovation of 302 rooms and suites to be completed in 2018.
International interior designers, Hirsch Bedner Associates, have been hired to carry out the project.
Gerhard Hecker, general manager of Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, said: "It is our mission to ensure we create truly memorable and elevated experiences for our guests. I am delighted to finally reveal our newly renovated public spaces and am confident this will further enhance our guests’ experience."
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Shangri-La Dubai completes $19m Phase 1 renovation
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Saudi Aramco breaks ground on new research centre
- Investors dismayed with delays on Asfan project