Majid Al Futtaim to open new mall in Masdar Cityby Jumana Abdel-Razzaq on Jan 11, 2017
Majid Al Futtaim Group will open its $82m My City Centre in Masdar City by the end of next year with new energy saving building.
The project will have 18,000sqm of gross leasable area, including a 5,760sqm anchor Carrefour hypermarket, a Magic Planet family entertainment centre and a community healthcare clinic, according to The National.
The new development will also have easy access to public transport options including local buses, group rapid transport as well as future rail and metro systems.
A single level mall with 60 stores in total, the building itself will consume 40% less energy and water than other buildings, meeting Estidama 3 Pearl and Leed Gold sustainability standards.
The 430 available parking spaces will be shaded and covered with photovoltaic panels.
Yousef Baselaib, the executive director for sustainable real estate at Masdar City, said: "Masdar City offers a 'greenprint' for the future, embracing economic, social and environmental principles of sustainability.
“The new mall is a testament to the emergence of Masdar City as a compelling destination for residents, business tenants and visitors."
- Majid Al Futtaim to open new mall in Masdar City
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Ashghal to complete major new roads in three years
- Emaar's Downtown cultural quarter moves on site
- $311.77m UAE housing scheme to be finished in 2014
- Deadline for Dubai Airport T2 project looms
- Oman construction sector fragile, says report
- $6b expansion plans for Dubai Airports