Al Futtaim to open new mall in Masdar City by 2018by Jumana Abdel-Razzaq on Jan 11, 2017
Majid Al Futtaim Group will open its $82m My City Centre in Masdar City by the end of next year with new energy saving building.
The project will have 18,000sqm of gross leasable area, including a 5,760sqm anchor Carrefour hypermarket, a Magic Planet family entertainment centre and a community healthcare clinic, according to The National.
The new development will also have easy access to public transport options including local buses, group rapid transport as well as future rail and metro systems.
A single level mall with 60 stores in total, the building itself will consume 40% less energy and water than other buildings, meeting Estidama 3 Pearl and Leed Gold sustainability standards.
The 430 available parking spaces will be shaded and covered with photovoltaic panels.
Yousef Baselaib, the executive director for sustainable real estate at Masdar City, said: "Masdar City offers a 'greenprint' for the future, embracing economic, social and environmental principles of sustainability.
“The new mall is a testament to the emergence of Masdar City as a compelling destination for residents, business tenants and visitors."
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport
- Al Futtaim to open new mall in Masdar City by 2018
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Shangri-La Dubai completes $19m Phase 1 renovation
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Dubai: Union Properties to build racing theme park