Fire contained at ADNOC oil refinery in UAEby Neha Bhatia on Jan 12, 2017
A fire that broke out at the Takreer Ruwais refinery of Abu Dhabi's state-owned oil company ADNOC on 11 January, 2017, was contained without injuries or operational impact.
ADNOC said in a tweet at 7.05pm on the day that a blaze had broken out at the refinery, adding that work was underway to contain the fire.
We confirm there is a fire at Takreer Ruwais refinery. Work is in progress to contain the fire and currently no reports of causalities— AdnocGroup (@AdnocGroup) January 11, 2017
In a separate tweet, ADNOC added: "The fire is contained to one of our processing units. There is no immediate danger to the population."
The fire was reportedly under control and contained by 10.15pm, with ADNOC stating that "a comprehensive assessment and investigation" would be implemented to find the cause of the fire.
"There is no residual impact on production or disturbance to supply," ADNOC added.
ADNOC CEO Sultan Al Jaber was later photographed with the command team at Ruwais.
ADNOC CEO with command team at Ruwais, where the situation is under control. pic.twitter.com/nwdHSc5ETX— AdnocGroup (@AdnocGroup) January 11, 2017
- ADNOC says fire-hit refinery to come online in 48h
- Fire contained at ADNOC oil refinery in UAE
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Etihad ESCO retrofits over 2,000 buildings in 2016
- Qatar's Hamad Airport awarded ‘5-star’ by Skytrax
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi: Al Khodari wins $18.4m maintenance contract
- Infrastructure spending to increase by 27% in 2017
- Builders urged to adhere to traffic safety onsite
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement