Construction halted on Nakheel Deira Island Resortby Jumana Abdel-Razzaq on Feb 5, 2017
Minor Hotel Group has announced that it will not be going ahead with the construction of its Avani Deira Island Resort.
Originally scheduled to debut the hotel in 2015, Minor Group has revealed that it will no longer be going ahead with the project, according to HotelierMiddleEast.com.
The hotel operator initially had a joint venture deal with Nakheel to build a 500-room Avani beachfront resort at the developer’s Deira Islands project.
Called Avani Deira, this would have been the first Avani branded hotel in the Middle East.
Nakheel has however partnered with the hotel operator on another project – the 372-room Avani Ibn Batuta Mall, which is due for completion in 2019.
- Construction halted on Nakheel Deira Island Resort
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Emaar's Downtown cultural quarter moves on site
- Danube opens $13m showroom in Qatar
- Deadline for Dubai Airport T2 project looms
- Oman construction sector fragile, says report
- Saudi cement sector posts 16% annual growth
- $6b expansion plans for Dubai Airports