Articles
Companies

Home / NEWS / Q&A: Chicago Pneumatic talks LED light tower uptake in the Gulf

Q&A: Chicago Pneumatic talks LED light tower uptake in the Gulf

by John Bambridge on Aug 21, 2017


Chicago Pneumatic launched the CPLT H6LED, which is designed to maximise light coverage and brightness, in December last year.
Chicago Pneumatic launched the CPLT H6LED, which is designed to maximise light coverage and brightness, in December last year.

RELATED ARTICLES: Chicago Pneumatic sells 25 LED light towers to Kuwait’s GTE | Genie discusses the relative merits of its four light tower models | Chicago Pneumatic secures 100 light tower order in Kuwait

PMV Middle East asks Edmer Gonzales, business line manager for the Middle East at Chicago Pneumatic, about the market penetration of LED light towers in the Gulf and how the case for lower total cost of ownership is faring with the customer.

Q: Chicago Pneumatic’s recent orders included its first sale of CPLT V15 LED light towers in the region: how is your LED product doing in general?

A: “Awareness is growing thanks to the recent successes we’ve had in persuading customers to switch from metal halide to LED light tower technology, and more companies are now expressing interest in LED light towers based on their comparative benefits.” ***

***These benefits include the extended lifespan of LED light bulbs, at 30,000 hours – or a working life of three years – compared with metal halide bulbs, which might typically require replacement after 6,000 hours. LED light towers also use significantly less energy, and as much as 70% less fuel (in the case of the CPLT H6LED), while delivering comparable lighting outputs.

Q: What proportion of Chicago Pneumatic’s sales in the region involve LED versus metal halide light tower models?

A: “Approximately 85% of the current market is for metal halide light towers, with the remaining 15% accounted for by LED, but we expect the share of the latter to continue to grow moving forward.

“Cost-conscious companies – especially within the rental market – are beginning to look past the initial investment cost and are now considering transitioning their fleets from metal halide to LED light towers. This can save a lot on the cost of maintenance, accessories and specifically the wear and tear of bulbs; which are the key component of a light tower.”



Advertisement




Articles
Companies