Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Motor City's The Ribbon to complete in Q4 2015
- TDIC floats pre-qual for Saadiyat Island works
- Top 10: GCC contract wins - July 2015
- Aecom appoints retired US air force general
- EllisDon scoops contract for Ansam at Yas Island
- Jebel Ali Freezone project nears completion
- Qatar's highway project on target for completion
- Siemens awarded civil works contract in Iraq
- Qatar lift boat build scheme hits safety milestone
- India: Six killed in four-storey building collapse