Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Kuwait inks $584mn deal for causeway link to Doha
- New $136mn runway opens at Sharjah Airport
- Saudi Aramco awards contract for gas project
- Al Ansari hits 20% mark at Oman police centre
- Qatar Science and Technology Park to expand
- Masdar to build $125mn Oman wind farm
- Finishing touches to Yas Mall for November opening
- IHG announces two new Dubai hotels
- Details of Bollywood Parks Dubai revealed
- Ashghal urged to speed up infrastructure projects