Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Dubai: wasl unveils new project near Port Rashid
- DEWA awards $21m Series Reactor construction deal
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Oman: Omran to reopen refurbished Al Hoota Cave
- 'World's biggest roller coaster coming to Dubai'
- Thyssenkrupp wins 500-unit Doha Metro contract
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital
- Egypt completes 31 wastewater projects in 2015/16
- UAE: 8.8t door installed at The Address Boulevard
- Sobha unveils freehold homes on Dubai Water Canal