Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: Sub-Contractor of Year
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: Infra Project of Year
- Huge gantry cranes delivered to Sohar Port
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: Sustainable Project
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: Hospitality Project
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: HS Initiative of Year
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist: Commercial Project
- CW Awards 2013 shortlist Sustainability Initiative
- AECOM pens $209m Libyan government agreement
- Voltas secures three GCC contracts totalling $51m