Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Properties Investment to expand The Market at DIP
- Top 10 GCC contract wins – March 2017
- RSG and Rotana ink deal to build 54-storey hotel
- DEWA hosts bidder conference for 200MW solar park
- Oman signs agreement for $1bn tourism complex
- Oman’s Orpic to increase polypropylene production
- Dulsco to construct $6.8m Dubai recycling plant
- First InterCityHotel to open in Muscat by 2020
- UAE’s Barakah nuclear plant sets global benchmark
- Video: A view of The Waterfront’s worksite in Oman