Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Sun wins main contract on Dubai Sparkle Towers
- Qatar to start ground satellites programme
- The Ascott Limited to open second Dubai property
- Yokogawa wins order for Rabigh 2 power project
- RTA ready to start Phase 2 of Dubai Canal
- Egypt signs with six companies for Suez Canal work
- Riyadh Metro construction 'will be a challenge'
- Bahrain's Alba launches new safety campaign
- Jeddah airport ranked world's second worst
- Lloyd's Register made Riyadh Metro safety assessor