Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Jeddah's major projects
- Extension granted for $15bn Oman Rail tender
- Tender to be awarded for Oman housing project
- Damac Heights wins international property award
- March 2015 deadline for labour reform or lose Cup
- Oman fishery harbour project awaits official start
- Ashghal awards $221.6mn contract
- IHCC to build 300-bed hospital in Ajman
- Sheraton renovation completed in record time
- Action Hotels buys $15.7mn Healthcare City plot