Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Fifty The World island owners 'looking to build'
- Plans revealed for luxury Bahrain One&Only resort
- Nakheel opens first Dubai community retail mall
- Dubai's Meraas said to seek loan of up to $4bn
- Oman water project secures $176mn Saudi funding
- TDIC tenders at Saadiyat Island marina district
- Qatar real estate prices hit record high in June
- Deyaar launches new Dubai mixed-use tower
- Move of commercial activities to Sohar 'critical'
- Sheikh Mohammed seeks to build Scotland mansion