Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- PDO's Ras Al Hamra Muscat project hits key stage
- Middle East investors behind $1bn US project
- Dubai airport passenger numbers up 10%
- Red Sea Housing Services profit increase
- Chestertons to unveil $2.3bn London project
- Riyadh Metro project on track
- KAEC signs deal for $22.6mn golf course
- Train design unveiled for $22.5bn Riyadh Metro
- Nakheel leasing beachfront space on Palm Jumeirah
- Shapoorji Pallonji starts work on Saudi tower