Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Adnoc awards Al Hosn Shah extension contract
- Saudi Arabia: Taif Airport to be completed by 2020
- Contracts awarded for Heart of Europe project
- Khalifa International Stadium roof nearly finished
- CW Awards 2016: Sustainable Project recognised
- Galfar bags $668m mechanical contract from PDO
- CW Awards 2016: Hospitality Project recognised
- CW Awards 2016: Commercial Project recognised
- CW Awards 2016: Winning Tower Project announced
- CW Awards 2016: Infra Project of the Year revealed