Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Nakheel floats tenders at Dubai's Al Furjan
- Works on Doha's C-Ring Road to start next month
- Jumeirah Group to add to Dubai hotel portfolio
- Foundation works completed at Kingdom Tower
- Al Maabar has delivered 60% of Moroccan project
- Tender planned at $1.5bn STEP program in Abu Dhabi
- Concrete repair company eyes oil and gas sector
- Drake & Scull wins $40mn Algeria contract
- Ten GCC projects set to complete in 2014
- Tenders being considered for OCEC hotels