Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Trekkie's Enterprise office you can see from space
- Rides begin to arrive at Dubai Parks and Resorts
- SWBH opens ninth Najd hotel in Qatar
- Danube Properties launches third Glitz block
- Qatar eyes underwater TV studio for World Cup 2022
- Qatar reveals first water park residential tower
- DWC announces $190.5m affordable homes project
- Qatar sewage tunnel contract awarded
- Date draws close in search for $5m robotics winner
- New phase of Dubai Water Canal traffic diversions