Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- Petition calls for stop to Jumeirah Beach works
- Samsung awarded Singapore EPC contract
- Pupils ready to arrive at Cranleigh Abu Dhabi
- Nakheel to build 130-apartment complex on Palm
- Designs finalised for Dubai Sports City mall
- Taipei Performing Arts Centre tops out
- Dubai hospital expansion to complete in July 2015
- F-Ring Road in Doha nearing completion
- Dubai's Expo 2020 site 'progressing well'
- Damac releases second round of Akoya Oxygen units