Mace wins a deal for Syria's biggest hotelon May 3, 2009
Mace, the global construction and consultancy firm, has been awarded a major project for a new five-star hotel in Damascus, Syria.
The project – the biggest hotel in Syria – will be delivered within 33 months, the firm said in a statement today.
“This project comes with a variety of logistical constraints. Not only is it set on the Damascus-Beirut highway and ring road, the project design also incorporates a six-level basement as well as height restrictions,” the statement said.
Bena Properties, a member of Cham Holding and the largest private real estate company in Syria, appointed Mace the project and cost manager for the hotel.
Bena Properties is currently developing a range of mixed-use complexes hotels, resorts and master-planned communities. Its projects in Syria currently cover a total area of 2,000,000m2, in Damascus, Aleppo, Latakia and Tartus.
- DM: 11,413 buildings completed in Dubai in 2016
- UAE Govt approves 420 construction projects
- Nakheel invests $41m in cycle tracks across Dubai
- Sobha launch luxury townhouses in Hartland Estates
- Bee'ah, Masdar to build 300,000t Sharjah WtE plant
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Work on Phase 3 of MBR solar park to begin Jan end
- Qatar Rail reveals designs for LRT, Metro projects