Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Majid Al Futtaim to build two new malls in Riyadh
- Qatar to award $22bn worth of contracts in 2016
- Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates Museum of the Future
- Kuwait: MTCC says Nuwaiseeb roadworks 85% complete
- International tender to redevelop Indian slum
- Saudi eyes private funds for $133bn power projects
- QP to buy shares in Moroccan offshore blocks
- Construction underway at Bahrain Airport terminal
- UAE: RAK Int'l Airport expansion due in May 2016
- Oman: Madinat Al Irfan to be developed in 6 phases