Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Ministry okays 500-spot Muscat hospital car park
- Qatar investigates death at World Cup stadium site
- Oman to build $400m oil storage terminal in Duqm
- DEWA receives five bids for $14bn Dubai solar park
- Doha Metro station fit-outs become prime focus
- Saudi official proposes 65km Bahrain, Qatar roads
- Abu Dhabi: Ferrari World plans phase III expansion
- Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup site
- Damac launches $462k Akoya Oxygen hotel spa villas
- Expo 2020: Falcon design selected for UAE Pavilion