Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Arada to float Nasma Residences tender in May 2017
- In Pictures: What will Nasma Residences look like?
- Rotana, GGH ink deal for new 250-key hotel in Oman
- Swiss-Belhotel to open hotels in Egypt, Bahrain
- GCC imposes anti-dumping measures on Chinese pipes
- Dubai: UAE's first solar-powered gas station opens
- 15 hotels worth $10bn to open in Bahrain by 2020
- Video: Warner Bros Abu Dhabi 15 month time lapse
- Kone wins eight new orders for projects in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi: Indoor skydiving venue 50% complete