Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Qatar issues tenders for sewerage scheme
- Ship mishap may scrap 1200 ME-bound luxury cars
- Mashreq opens tender for new Dubai HQ construction
- British Chamber of Commerce opens office in Qatar
- Gulf firms invited to develop $2bn Tahiti project
- Top 10 tallest towers set for completion in 2015
- SNC Lavalin to upgrade former Dubal site
- Nakheel floats infra tender for Dubai community
- Kazakhstan eyes construction of new nuclear plants
- Qatari Diar secures Sinai, Egypt project approval