Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- China State and Tamouh consider new UAE projects
- China State targets design-and-build contracts
- WSP l Parsons Brinckerhoff wins Kuwait road deal
- Doosan wins $1.78bn contracts in Oman, UK
- CSCEC set to hand over Abu Dhabi's City of Lights
- Alstom JV build South Africa train manufactory
- Qatar Building Company handed $157.6m Asghal deal
- Riyadh governor launches 20 entertainment projects
- Mall of Qatar size equals 50 FIFA football fields
- Japanese firms eye Egypt's $45bn Capital City deal