Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Deadline for $4.3bn Kuwait project may be extended
- SEC to implement $1.93bn worth of projects
- Design and build tender for Dubai boardwalk
- KNPC to spend $35bn on projects in five years
- ava JV wins UK plant nuclear decommissioning deal
- Nakheel tenders for sewage treatment plant works
- AME breaks ground on UK 'faculty on factory floor'
- $1bn Dubai Tram testing to start today
- Construction worker dies in central London
- Omani road project reaches 60% completion point