Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Saudi inks deals for $38m twin towers in Makkah
- 5 Minutes with Garald Todd, WSP | PB Middle East
- Jaidah pens distribution deal with STILL in Qatar
- ORPIC to award $4.5bn plastic complex contracts
- Rain floods Qatar's Hamad International Airport
- Dubai’s Council of Energy awards Gold Award to CCC
- Al Ain university plan approved by Abu Dhabi UPC
- Jumeirah Al Naseem hotel to open summer 2016
- Burj Khalifa: The Annex
- Business Bay 32-storey tower on fire in Dubai