Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Eagle Hills inks $3bn Belgrade Waterfront deal
- Poyry wins Oman independent power plant project
- Grab your snorkel, it's time for tennis
- Construction starts on $272m Abu Dhabi steel plant
- Shaksy Engineering to build Oman's Sundus Rotana
- AfDB loans $140m to grow Sharm El-Sheikh Airport
- Habtoor Leighton wins $95m hotel contract in Oman
- NBHH wins enabling works on Saadiyat Island scheme
- Tunnelling on $36bn Doha Metro hits 20% mark
- UAE's Bloom unveils new Saadiyat Island project