Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Sharjah Intl passenger traffic soars 14% in April
- Abu Dhabi floats tender to build bus stops
- Qatar Economic Zone 1 first phase to open in 2016
- Legal fights take more than a year in construction
- Arabtec workers in Dubai stage strike for more pay
- ETA STAR recognised for green Passivhaus project
- Saudi developer to build One&Only resort in Jeddah
- MAF Dalkia & TDIC sign Eastern Mangroves FM deal
- DEWA's LEED-rated building a benchmark project
- Nakheel floats tender at The Pointe Palm Jumeirah