Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Abu Dhabi University begins $9.5m expansion
- Oman-Saudi road for Hajj pilgrims nears completion
- India: Six killed in four-storey building collapse
- Samsung C&T awarded $1.8bn Qatar power plant deal
- Three new categories for MEP Middle East Awards
- Developers invited onto Al Sharia Park Project
- Dubai's Al Habtoor City to get indoor tennis court
- Adnoc: Reduced diesel price poses a challenge
- Tender released for UAE's Al Shindagha Bridge work
- Revealed: Jebel Ali Port Terminal 4 to cost $1.6bn