Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Target and Jima Construction Co wins $32.6mn deal
- Fire damages hotel under construction in Mongolia
- Dana Gas wins oil production deal in Egypt
- US food giant plans $90mn biscuit plant in Bahrain
- Deconstruction works start at Al Rayyan stadium
- SA Level LLC signs MoU with Dubai World Central
- Phase one of Mamsha Al Saadiyat sells out
- Renaissance signs deals for $259mn labour camp
- Work begins on Shah Rukh Khan's Dubai project
- Saudi Electricity signs $682.5mn Riyadh metro deal