Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Nexans awarded cabling contract on Laffan refinery
- OHL to take legal action against Qatar Foundation
- Tender out to build $250m Oman Cultural Complex
- Atkins appoints major projects director
- Empower starts work on Dubai control centre
- Qatar Rail to explore solar opportunities
- QSTec signs solar MoU with Qatar Rail
- Austrian architect designs historic French bridge
- Emirates Red Crescent to give $40mn for Gaza homes
- Qatar Foundation fires Sidra hospital builder