Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Saudi releases $666mn for over 6,000 housing units
- Public Transport Co wins $2.1bn deal
- Big 5: DRI well set for GCC green building push
- Disney eyeing Middle East park
- Residents moved in to Jumeirah Golf Estates
- Access bridge towards JBR to close
- Access bridge towards JBR closed
- VOX Cinemas signs for Palm Jumeirah's Nakheel Mall
- Paris skyscraper plan sparks row
- SKAI Holdings completes 30% of $1bn Viceroy Dubai