Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Dubai Crocodile Park opening postponed to 2017-end
- UAE leaders inaugurate Etihad Museum
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- Dubai: Shapoorji Pallonji starts its first project
- UAE: SZHP approves $79m housing aid for citizens
- Qatar's population rises marginally in November
- In Pictures: Commercial Project of the Year 2016
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contact
- Construction on Az-zour North One plant concludes
- Mammoet seals off Chernobyl reactor with huge dome