Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- CW Awards 2015: Final call for nominations
- UAE's Etihad Airways Engineering opens new hangar
- Oman-Saudi road completed using 95 Volvo units
- Dubai World Central phase 2 deals set for November
- Solar park construction to begin at Oman oilfield
- Tarsheed park due for openineg by year-end
- Bahrain's Gulf Holding appoints new CEO
- Steel plant opens at Sohar to support Oman roads
- Lacasa announce winner of Palestine school comp
- Saudi's SABIC delays $30bn plant decision to 2016