Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Artar guarantees Q2 2018 delivery for Mada units
- Here's what Dubai Steps project will look like...
- Panama Canal enlists waterproof Thyssenkrupp lifts
- Saudi has most hotels under construction in MENA
- Dubai Safari Park set to feature air-con rocks
- Nakheel floats tenders for Dubai construction work
- Interest sought to build Ferris Wheel in Pakistan
- UAE nuclear energy plant Barakah reports progress
- Saudi Aramco inks deals for Fadhili gas project
- Abu Dhabi set to develop 38 community markets