Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Al Ansari hits 20% mark at Oman police centre
- Qatar Science and Technology Park to expand
- Masdar to build $125mn Oman wind farm
- Finishing touches to Yas Mall for November opening
- IHG announces two new Dubai hotels
- Details of Bollywood Parks Dubai revealed
- Ashghal urged to speed up infrastructure projects
- Premier Inn reveals plans for seven hotels in GCC
- Jeddah airport's 'second worst' rating slammed
- Tasweek starts on third luxury Malaysian villa