Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Oman: Omran to reopen refurbished Al Hoota Cave
- 'World's biggest roller coaster coming to Dubai'
- Thyssenkrupp wins 500-unit Doha Metro contract
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital
- Egypt completes 31 wastewater projects in 2015/16
- UAE: 8.8t door installed at The Address Boulevard
- Sobha unveils freehold homes on Dubai Water Canal
- Damac arm, Landlease ink $261m Aykon London deal
- Bahrain signs housing projects worth $395m
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai