Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Why has Ashghal halted work on huge IDRIS project?
- Aramco, SABIC eye crude-oil-to-chemicals plant
- Dubai Ruler says DPR to support Six Flags in Saudi
- When will third Al Habtoor City open its doors?
- When will Dubai Expo 2020 site infra works begin?
- TGC wins $272m deal to build Emaar Townhouses
- UAE: ACC wins contract to build new Mashreq HQ
- Video: Blaze erupts at construction site in Dubai
- KFH starts work on 3,100 homes project in Bahrain
- Compass PM wins contract in Dubai Silicon Oasis