Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- ZHA wins heritage centre contract in Saudi
- Dubai to build 71,000 new hotel rooms by 2020
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- First project on Dubai Canal to open April 2017
- Smart Buildability Index introduced in the UAE
- Siemens' new system to boost Qatar Steel output
- UAE: Cityland to build mall with botanical garden
- HLG awarded $136m Gate Avenue contract
- BAM receives Estidama rating for Al Ain stadium
- Kuwait's Tamdeen Group leases 70% of Al Kout Mall