Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Transguard, Al Tadawi open $560k Jebel Ali clinic
- Qatar Sealine Beach resort opens after renovation
- Kuwait completes construction of schools in Iraq
- UWI to create cities for 15 million people by 2030
- UAE ministry begins work on $68m road in Fujairah
- Drake & Scull’s project backlog stands at $2.18bn
- Drake & Scull CEO: Necessity now key driver in UAE
- Hotel chain plans women-only resort in Doha
- UAE's ENOC to build 10 service stations in 2017
- Azizi progresses ahead with several handovers