Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Fifty The World island owners 'looking to build'
- Plans revealed for luxury Bahrain One&Only resort
- Nakheel opens first Dubai community retail mall
- Dubai's Meraas said to seek loan of up to $4bn
- Oman water project secures $176mn Saudi funding
- TDIC tenders at Saadiyat Island marina district
- Qatar real estate prices hit record high in June
- Deyaar launches new Dubai mixed-use tower
- Move of commercial activities to Sohar 'critical'
- Sheikh Mohammed seeks to build Scotland mansion