Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- WSP PB: the future of GCC energy is nuclear
- MBR Establishment opens Dubai's first smart home
- Fact sheet: Barakah Nuclear Power Plant, UAE
- Saudi Arabia Khurais oil project delayed past 2017
- Arabian MEP wins Logistics City contract in Qatar
- MBR establishment smart house
- UAE uni pupils carry out construction in Indonesia
- Qatar: 2022 FIFA's Khalifa Stadium ready by 2016
- Housing segment compounds Saudi inflation pressure
- Three helipads to be constructed along Dubai Metro