Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- DEWA inks deal for 3D building at MBR solar park
- Dubai: DPG unveils 18 new buildings in Remraam
- Outgoing DM official reflects on 35 years' service
- Design of DIP drainage network due in four months
- Emaar unveils The Address beachfront resort in JBR
- Muhaisnah, Jebel Ali camps to get running tracks
- Bahrain's Investcorp buys 10 new properties in US
- Work begins at KIPCO's Hessa Al Mubarak project
- Dubai's Quran Park to get $27m glass house project
- Everything you need to know about Expo 2020 Dubai