Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- DM: 11,413 buildings completed in Dubai in 2016
- UAE Govt approves 420 construction projects
- Nakheel invests $41m in cycle tracks across Dubai
- Sobha launch luxury townhouses in Hartland Estates
- Bee'ah, Masdar to build 300,000t Sharjah WtE plant
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Work on Phase 3 of MBR solar park to begin Jan end
- Qatar Rail reveals designs for LRT, Metro projects