Bahrain names mega project master plannerby Sarah Blackman on Jun 22, 2009
US $1bn development launched for BIC
Bahrain’s massive commerce, entertainment and education facility, @bahrain, has chosen architectural major Aedas as the master planner for the project.
The @bahrain project will be designed to offer exhibition facilities, hotel accommodation, an events centre, leisure and retail facilities and a research institute. It will also encompass a TechnoPark, with a focus on light industry.
The US $1 billion (BHD377 million) initiative was announced at the end of April.
"@bahrain is a dynamic and very different architectural delivery," said @bahrain CEO Nicola Pero.
"To help us meet our holistic sustainability goals and embrace the objective of interconnectivity between sport, commerce, entertainment and education, we needed an extraordinary partner and we've found one with Aedas, one of the world's most creative and innovative planning teams."
Aedas has teamed up with Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) to provide consultancy services, and will also be assisted by Scott Wilson, which will provide transport and infrastructure consultancy work.
- Properties Investment to expand The Market at DIP
- Top 10 GCC contract wins – March 2017
- RSG and Rotana ink deal to build 54-storey hotel
- DEWA hosts bidder conference for 200MW solar park
- Oman signs agreement for $1bn tourism complex
- Oman’s Orpic to increase polypropylene production
- Dulsco to construct $6.8m Dubai recycling plant
- First InterCityHotel to open in Muscat by 2020
- UAE’s Barakah nuclear plant sets global benchmark
- Video: A view of The Waterfront’s worksite in Oman