Burj Dubai awaits last cladding panelby CW Staff on Jul 28, 2009
The last cladding panel – number 24348 – is ready and waiting for installation at Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building.
In the coming weeks, Arabian Aluminium Company – a member of Al Ghurair Construction Industries LLC – will send the six-metre panel to the site for installation at the bottom of the tower’s spire.
Cladding work on the gigantic project began in April 2007, and panels of more 18 different strength specifications and over 200 sizes have been used on the tower, all of them double-glazed and factory-sealed.
The main materials used in the cladding are reflective glazing, aluminium mullions and textured steel spandrels with vertical stainless steel tubular fins.
Developer Emaar yesterday confirmed to Construction Week that Burj Dubai would open this year.
- Dulsco to construct $6.8m Dubai recycling plant
- First InterCityHotel to open in Muscat by 2020
- UAE’s Barakah nuclear plant sets global benchmark
- Video: A view of The Waterfront’s worksite in Oman
- Indian foreign investors top UAE realty market
- EDF joins Masdar-led MBR solar park consortium
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution opens new Xpress station
- Work on MGM hotels in Dubai to begin by Q3 2017
- Morocco: Two developers merge to form new entity
- MGM to build two iconic Las Vegas hotels in Dubai