Damac issues eight tendersby James Boley on Aug 23, 2009
Developer Damac Properties has announced issued eight tenders for main and enabling works last month.
Main works tenders have been issued for Capital Bay, Executive Bay, The Corner, Park Central, Burjside Boulevard, Amber Residence, Lake side and Al Jawhara, while enabling tenders for Commercial Square, Water's Edge and Harbour Heights project have also been issued.
“The first half of the year we have made significant progress. We delivered over 2,300 units and we will continue to be aggressive on delivery. Continuing with the momentum of the year, in July we have issued eight new tenders. In the next two years our aim is to have delivered a total of 25 towers totalling to 7,100 units,” said Damac Properties general manager of operations Ziad El Chaar.
El Chaar added that 2009 would be a “year of delivery” for Damac, compared to 2008’s “year of construction”.
Stromek has been appointed to undertake the piling contract at Damac's Burjside Boulevard and enabling works have commenced at its Marina Bay project in Abu Dhabi as well. The company has also awarded the enabling works contract for the Piazza in Fox Hills, Lusail in Qatar and the contract for main construction at Hyde Park in Cairo.
- DCCA awards contractors with best HSE practices
- GCC VAT implementation could be delayed
- AW Rostamani inks deal with ICT for retrofit
- DP World’s container volumes grow 5.7% in Q1 2017
- Key players discuss issues plaguing the industry
- Swiss-Belhotel to open hotels in Egypt, Bahrain
- Saudi comprises 42% of region’s security market
- Nakheel reports $403m net profit for Q1 2017
- ACWA Power rebuilds team in Saudi Arabia
- Hormann launches multipurpose external doors