Damac issues eight tendersby James Boley on Aug 23, 2009
Developer Damac Properties has announced issued eight tenders for main and enabling works last month.
Main works tenders have been issued for Capital Bay, Executive Bay, The Corner, Park Central, Burjside Boulevard, Amber Residence, Lake side and Al Jawhara, while enabling tenders for Commercial Square, Water's Edge and Harbour Heights project have also been issued.
“The first half of the year we have made significant progress. We delivered over 2,300 units and we will continue to be aggressive on delivery. Continuing with the momentum of the year, in July we have issued eight new tenders. In the next two years our aim is to have delivered a total of 25 towers totalling to 7,100 units,” said Damac Properties general manager of operations Ziad El Chaar.
El Chaar added that 2009 would be a “year of delivery” for Damac, compared to 2008’s “year of construction”.
Stromek has been appointed to undertake the piling contract at Damac's Burjside Boulevard and enabling works have commenced at its Marina Bay project in Abu Dhabi as well. The company has also awarded the enabling works contract for the Piazza in Fox Hills, Lusail in Qatar and the contract for main construction at Hyde Park in Cairo.
- Kuwait fund loans Lebanon $36.9m for water supply
- Schneider Electric’s Gulf team hosts USC students
- UAE: British Safety Council honours DEWA
- UAE's Waha Capital approves 20% cash dividend
- Heavy rain leaves many areas in Doha waterlogged
- CWQ Leaders Summit: Meet Gold sponsor Interpipe
- Bentley Systems: Be Inspired Awards nominations
- UAE’s Nakheel to present $1.6bn showcase in China
- Dubai ruler launches five-decade UAE vision
- DSI sells stake in One Palm project to Omniyat