Palm Jebel Ali enabling works to be awarded soonby Sarah Blackman on Dec 17, 2009
The enabling works contract for three projects on Palm Jebel Ali are set to be awarded in two month’s time, ConstructionWeekOnline.com can reveal.
Work is expected to begin on Nathalie Tower, Blue Moon Tower and Noah’s Arc Tower immediately after the contract is awarded.
“We are currently in negotiations with Sharaf Foundations and Geo Foundation," said Worldwide Project Management managing director Abdel Wahab Talaat.
“Other bidders included IFG Foundation and Italian Foundation.”
When asked, Talaat could not reveal the value of the bids.
Almasah Real Estate is the client for the three residential properties.
Once completed, Palm Jebel Ali is expected to house more than 250,000 people.
United Arab Emirates
Zak (Dec 24, 2009)
- Al Khodari to target nuclear and solar projects
- Medical projects ramping up in GCC
- Kuwait aiming to resurrect stalled mega-projects
- Ashghal floats road markings tender
- Eleven firms show interest in Oman power projects
- Saudi to begin eleven stadium projects in January
- Projects driving optimism, but concerns remain
- Oman's SEZAD completes $4.4bn worth of projects
- Oman’s SEZAD completes $4.4bn worth of projects
- GCC companies targeting small pool of talent