Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

L&T-Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems' LMB wins THDC India deal

JV company of Indian and Japanese engineering giants will deliver steam generators in Uttar Pradesh

L&T is an Indian contractor.
Pixabay
L&T is an Indian contractor.

L&T-MHPS Boilers, a joint venture company of India's Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Japan's Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS), has secured an order to design, engineer, and manufacture steam generators for THDC’s 2x660MW Khurja Super Thermal Power Project in Bulandshahar district, Uttar Pradesh, for which Prime Minister Narendra Modi had laid the foundation stone in March 2019.

The contract overs steam generators and associated packages, including site levelling. 

LMB, in which L&T owns 51% equity and MHPS holds the remaining 49%, is also working on nine units of steam generator packages in other parts of the country. 

The subsidiary owns a facility in Hazira, Gujarat for manufacture of pressure parts and coal pulverisers for supercritical steam generators.

THDC India is jointly owned by the state Government of Uttar Pradesh and Government of India. 

Commenting on the order, chief executive officer and managing director of L&T Power, and whole-time director of L&T, Shailendra Roy, said: “This is a prestigious order from THDC India Ltd for ultra-supercritical steam generators, with equipment meeting new emission norms.

"We have the manufacturing capabilities to deliver to stringent schedules while conforming to global standards.”

Most popular

Awards

Leaders KSA 2019 Preview: Al Nasser Group joins as Silver Sponsor
Lighting company to support Leaders KSA Awards 2019 ceremony, which will be held at Okku

Conferences

Leaders KSA 2019 Preview: Al Nasser Group joins as Silver Sponsor
Lighting company to support Leaders KSA Awards 2019 ceremony, which will be held at Okku
Leaders KSA 2019 Preview: C&P confirmed as Gold Sponsor
Construction & Planning joins list of industry leaders backing Leaders KSA Awards 2019, to be

Latest Issue

Construction Week - Issue 748
Sep 01, 2019