Top 6 benefits of using LED lighting
LEDs have more benefits than energy efficiency. fmME rounds them up
LED lighting is growing in popularity within the industry, with proponents claiming that it is a more sustainable source.
So far, the only caveat to using this form of technology is the initial installation cost, which is higher than that of traditional forms of lighting.
However, this cost is said to be regained over its lifespan, and the fixtures are said to have many benefits.
The top six benefits of LED lighting are:
1. LED products are lead and mercury-free, which contribute to environmental sustainability.
2. These fixtures can last longer than incandescent lamps, of up to 50,000-70,000 hours.
3. Due to its long-lasting life, costs are saved also on maintenance and related issues since they don't have to be changed as frequently.
4. LED lights perform better than traditional alternatives in low temperatures, allowing for wider span of usage.
5. These lights have an extremely low UV and IR, which helps the environment.
6. One of the main benefits is energy saving; these lights consume less electricity than traditional forms of lighting.