Tender floated for Abu Dhabi Midfield Terminal
Abu Dhabi Airports Co seeks interested parties for design services
Abu Dhabi Airports Company PJSC (ADAC) is seeking expressions of interest for design services for the Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC) Landside Support Facilities at the Abu Dhabi International Airport.
The scope of the works includes design consultancy for the following facilities:
1. Long Term Car Park - Surface parking facility for 1,600 vehicles with all associated services
2. Goods and Waste Processor Complex - Approximately 3600m2 facility to manage goods and deliveries and waste disposal from the Midfield Terminal Complex. Will include vehicles and goods screening, walk-through metal detector, storage areas and truck docks.
3. Airport Employee Processor Building - Approximately 2,450m2 building for security and customs screening for employees working within the Midfield Terminal Complex. Will include bus landside and airside bus staging areas.
4. Airport Employee Car Park - Surface parking facility for 1,500 vehicles with all associated services.
5. Car Rental Support Facility - Surface parking for 250 vehicles along with 300m2 support building and all associated services.
6. Taxi Support Facility - Surface staging area for 500 vehicles along with a 300m2 taxi support building and all associated services.
Firms interested in participating for the project design should take the following steps:
1. Responses and enquiries should be sent addressed 'Design Services for the Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC) Landside Support Facilities (Contract No. AUH.02.13.0471)'.
2. The closing date for responses to be received is 3 March, 2013 at noon, Abu Dhabi time.
3. Responses and enquiries shall be submitted by email in a single PDF format file (maximum five pages and 1MB in content to: email@example.com.
4. Responses may be sent by fax (maximum five pages) to +971-2-509 5095, provided the transmission is confirmed by email.
Evaluation Criteria: Respondents are required to express their interest by providing responses to the the following criteria, which will be evaluated to determine a firm's suitability to participate in the subsequent evaluation process.
1. Name and address of the company or joint venture.
2. Names, telephone number(s) and email address of the initial point of contact.
3. List of similar projects successfully completed and/or under execution within the past five years.
4. Experience with airport landside projects of similar scale, scope, and complexity
5. Suitability and availability of experienced design, engineering and support staff.
6. Organisational and administrative capability on similar projects.
7. Capacity to meet financial obligations in delivering the services.
8. Local Registration Certification with Chamber of Commerce and Industry and department of Economic Development Classification Certificate.
Those companies satisfying the requirements of the expression of interest process will later be invited to collect the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, subject to the payment of a AED5,000 non-refundable fee in the form of a manager's check drawn down on a UAE bank and made payable to 'Abu Dhabi Airports Company PJSC'.
Tenderers will be required to provide a tender bond with their tender submission. The value of the tender bond will be provided in the RFP. Companies failing to provide a compliant tender bond will have their tender submissions returned unopened.
It should be noted that the succesful tenderer will be required to provide a performance bond with a value of 10% of the contract price.
Interested parties are advised that ADAC Procurement Policy is committed to maximizing the participation of wholly-owned local companies registered and domiciled in Abu Dhabi and postively encourage the participation of such companies in the procurement process.
Companies considering participation in this expression of interest process are advised that it is a mandatory requirement to be registered as a supllier or a contractor with Abu Dhabi Airports Company's Sourcing Section prior to the closing date.