Tender floated for Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Co: Expansion of the baggage reclaim in Terminal 1
Abu Dhabi Airports Company is seeking expressions of interest from qualified contractors for the expansion of the baggage reclaim area at Terminal 1 of Abu Dhabi International Airport (ADIA).
The scope of the works includes the interior extension of the existing Terminal 1 baggage reclaim area, replacement/modifications of baggage carousels and feed line, refurbishment of toilet area and construction of new offices within the operational areas.
It also includes civil works, utilities and services, interior fit-out, communications/IT, baggage handling and special airport systems.
The works are to be carried out while the airport is open, and must comply with ADAC operational requirements, Abu Dhabi Municipality build permit criteria as well as strict airport working conditions. Interest parties must be a registered supplier/contractor at Abu Dhabi Airport Company-Sourcing Section prior to the closing tender date of 3 April, 2013 at noon, Abu Dhabi time.
Respondents are required to express their interest by providing the following information:
- Name and address of the company or joint venture
- Names, telephone number(s) and email address of the initial point of contact
- List of similar scale and complex projects successfully completed and/or under execution internationally as a general contractor within the past 10 years with particular reference to airport projects
- Experience in the GCC/UAE for carrying out similar projects
- Suitability and availability of experienced staff
- Organisational and administrative capability on similar projects
- Capacity to meet financial obligations in delivering the services
- Local registration certificate with Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Department of Economic Development Classification Certificate.
Responses and inquiries should be titled 'Baggage Reclaim Expansion in Terminal 1 - Construction Works (AUH.06.13.0469).
Responses and inquiries should be sent by email in a single PDF format - maximum five pages and 1MB in content - to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses can also be sent by fax - maximum five pages - to +971 2509 5095, provided transmission is confirmed by email.
Successful applicants will be invited to collect pre-qualification documents. Companies passing the pre-qualification stage will be invited to collect tender documents, subject to the payment of AED25,000 non-refundable fee, in the form of a manager's check drawn on a UAE bank and made payable to 'Abu Dhabi Airports Company PJSC'.
Tenders submissions will need to be accompanied with a AED500,000 non-refundable fee, made payable to Abu Dhabi Airports Company PJSC, in the form of an irrevocable unconditional on-demand bank guarantee issued by a bank registered with the Central Bank of the UAE.
The successful tenderer will be required to provide a performance bond of 10% of the contract price.