Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

Oman wants 80% of estate agents to be nationals

Manpower minister meets industry chiefs to promote Omanisation efforts

NEWS, Business

Oman's Minister of Manpower has held a meeting with the country's Real Estate Association to discuss the implementation of a law boosting local employment in the sector.

The Sultanate's government expects that 80% of all real estate brokerage positions should be filled byu Omanis, with the remaining 20% held open for foreigners with experience "in certain real estate fields", according to the Oman News Agency.

Discussions with the industry are ongoing as to the level of experience required overseas for foreigners to work in the industry.

The chairman of Oman's Real Estate Association, Eng. Mohammed bin Salim al-Busaidi, said the organisation is ready to co-operate with the stakeholders to develop the real estate brokerage profession and implement the law.

New seminars are being organised to train Omani practitioners and new broker cards are being issued to qualified staff.

 

Most popular

Awards

Construction industry conversations around digitisation must evolve
The Middle East construction industry’s approach to tech must evolve and focus on how can

Conferences

HKA: Volume of construction disputes to stay consistent in 2019
EXCLUSIVE: Consultancy’s Michael McSorley talks about methods to avoid and ‘speedily resolve’ construction disputes
Construction industry conversations around digitisation must evolve
The Middle East construction industry’s approach to tech must evolve and focus on how can

Latest Issue

Construction Week - Issue 751
Oct 13, 2019