Full translation: Bakr Bin Laden letter to SBG
The full English translation of Bakr Bin Laden’s letter to Saudi BinLadin Group’s senior management, outlining his intention to relinquish a number of key responsibilities
- Yehia Mohammed Bin Laden (tasked with acknowledging and executing this decision during a period of six months to a year, during which period results will be evaluated). And the below names to offer support and assistance:
- Hasan Mohammed Bin Laden
- Ahmad Mohammed Bin Laden
- Haidar Mohammed Bin Laden
- Abdallah Mohammed Bin Laden
- Mohammed Mohammed Bin Laden
Dear Revered Brother, Saleh Mohammed Bin Laden,
Peace be upon you and with God’s blessings.
Based on what we perceive in you as a man of tremendous virtue, as well as your prolific abilities to follow up on matters, [and] having all-round wisdom bestowed on you by God, as well as having earned the appreciation of everyone within and outside the Group, and in response to recent developments, I have decided to entrust you with and assign you all the administrative and legal responsibilities related to the business of contracting, its industries, and trade activities, which are currently under execution, or which will be taking place in the future – God willing – and this in cooperation with:
- Engineer Saad Mohammed Bin Laden – to follow up on work related plans
- Dr Abdallah Khaled Alam – to follow up on financial and contractual issues
- Mr Abu Bakr al Hamed – representative of public buildings and airports to continue their execution
- Engineer Moataz al Sawwaf – representative for buildings and superstructure developments to continue their execution
- This, in addition to whomever you feel is appropriate to work with in order to serve the higher purpose of this decision, especially when it comes to legal issues, the preserving of our rights, and under the supervision of Dr Abdallah Bin Laden
Dear Brother. You need to concentrate on preserving the rights of the Group, both in terms of documentation and in calling for legal restitution, while preserving our good reputation in the process. You also need to be sure of the business feasibility of future projects, from every aspect, before you give your blessings on them and thus the Group’s commitment to execute them.
May God guide you in your endeavours, Salam.
General Manager and Chairman of the Board,
M. Bakr Mohammed Bin Laden
Click here to see the letter in its original Arabic form.