Ritchie Bros to auction 2,350 items in Dubai sale
Heavy equipment auctioneer lines up big volume of excavators and ATCs ahead of the year’s end
Heavy equipment auctioneer Ritchie Bros will auction more than 2,350 pieces of equipment and trucks from 14-16 December in an unreserved bidding process at its site in Jebel Ali.
Some highlights of the three-day auction will include:
- 140+ hydraulic excavators, including three unused 2015 Caterpillar 320D series IIs
- 40 dozers, including three 2012 Caterpillar D8R LRCs
- 60+ wheel loaders, including two 2011 Volvo L150Gs
- 50+ telescopic forklifts, including four 2012 Caterpillar TH414s
- 30+ articulated dump trucks, including thirteen Caterpillar 740Bs and six 2012 Volvo A40Fs
- 12 all-terrain cranes, including a 2009 Liebherr LTM1160-5.1 and a 2009 Tadano ATF-110G-5
Each day the auction begins at 9a.m. local time, with the bidders attending in person, by proxy or connected remotely through Ritchie Bros online portal – linked live to the action.
As the auction is unreserved, all of the items will be sold to the highest bidders over the course of the three days, regardless of the bidding price achieved.
Ritchie Bros’ last Dubai auction, in September, witnessed the attendance of 920 bidders – a record number for the Jebel Ali site – and the sale of more than $42m in equipment across 2,600 items.
Buyers from outside Dubai, including from Australia, Mexico, and the UK, purchased approximately 45% of the lots, spending $19m, while online bidders purchased 12% of the lots, spending over $5m.