How truck scales benefit the construction sector
The construction industry deals with heavy materials on a daily basis. It is important for them to measure and transport the right amount of resources
The construction industry deals with heavy materials on a daily basis. It is important for them to measure and transport the right amount of resources.
Without a reliable load management system, there is a risk of overweighing or incorrectly weighing the construction materials. This puts the vehicles at a risk of accidents by overturning or they can be subjected to severe fines for carrying excess weight.
Implementing truck scales will benefit the construction industry in more ways than one. They will ensure that everything is weighed accurately and with precision. Let us look at some ways that truck scales can benefit the construction businesses.
Implementing truck and weighbridge scales will help in saving money. Due to their features and functionalities, a lot of work can be done with fewer resources, in a short period of time. By avoiding overweight fines, you can keep your money in the bank. You can also enjoy a high ROI on truck scales.
Offers High Accuracy
The construction industry has to work with large amounts of construction material. By using the load cells, you can transport the exact quantity that is needed. You can achieve high accuracy as load cells are highly sensitive and always give accurate readings of weights.
Installation is Really Easy
One of the biggest advantages of portable weigh pads is that they are extremely easy to set-up can be installed within a few minutes. In fact, you can start recording weights within minutes of laying the weighbride scales and setting up the terminal. Since it is small in size too, it can be set up by one person only.
Offers Portability and Convenience
The truck scales along with their terminals and wireing, are quite compact and can be carried around even in a suitcase. Portability is one advantage you can enjoy due to this. The terminals of the portable truck scales offer you convenience and flexibility. They have an LCD display, as well as the ability to store and print weighing data, which proves to be quite useful in resolving disputes as they provide tangible proof.
Though the above mentioned benefits are more commonly known, truck scales aid the construction industry in several other ways. Some of them include the following:
- Ability to Add or Remove Functionalities: It has a modular design that allows additional sections and features to be added to it, making it more efficient and compatible to suit the company’s requirements. This offers a great return on investment and proves to be quite cost-efficient through its functionalities.
- Makes Operations Safe: Since the weights are measured quite accurately, there won’t be accidents that may be caused due to overweighing or inaccurately weighing the construction materials. This ensures that the processes are safe.
- Has Easy-to-Use Weight Display: This ensures that the materials are being loaded precisely, which further minimizes product giveaway.
Different Types of Weighbridges
Pit Type Weighbridge
Some of its benefits include:
• It does not need ramps for truck movement as it is installed at the land surface level
• It requires less space as it doesn’t have ramps
• You can also weigh tractor trolleys and rickshaws as the platform is at the ground level
• Vehicles carrying loads can approach the weighbridge from any direction
Pitless Type Weighbridge
Their benefits include:
• Expenses for pit construction are eliminated
• Since the platform is built above ground level, there will be no water logging, especially during the rainy season
• Since all the parts of the weighbridge are accessible above the ground level, maintenance becomes easier
• Issues associated with pit maintenance are eliminated
You will benefit greatly by of installing truck and weighbridge scales if you are in the construction industry. They might cost you a bit, but you will get a high ROI on your truck scales, so don’t think twice about purchasing and installing them within your facility.